The Student Room Group

Anyone studying to become a Nurse here???

I wanna go into Nursing but I cant decide Child, Adult or Mental.
I really find psychology fascinating so Mental appealed to me but I've been told Mental has its fair portion of abuse involved which is rather scary. I prefer adults to children as you can talk to adults but At the same time I prefer cleaning up after children to adult. I've been told I have to make my mind up before I apply as changing it later wont be an easy option.

Can anyone with experience help me make my mind up, please or give me your own personal reasons for having chosen your field weather it be child, adult or mental health care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by ISeekUOut
I wanna go into Nursing but I cant decide Child, Adult or Mental.
I really find psychology fascinating so Mental appealed to me but I've been told Mental has its fair portion of abuse involved which is rather scary. I prefer adults to children as you can talk to adults but At the same time I prefer cleaning up after children to adult. I've been told I have to make my mind up before I apply as changing it later wont be an easy option.

Can anyone with experience help me make my mind up, please or give me your own personal reasons for having chosen your field weather it be child, adult or mental health care.

In my opinion, first you need to find work experience will guide you! My experience is based in Adult field! since I was 18 now 24 I haven,t had any kind of job.

However, if you don't like doing body care to someone else choose Mental Health and if you do not mind dealing with problem between children and parents go for Children field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending