The Student Room Group

Miley Cyrus performance at MTV VMAs

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, too far. Its was sexy or raunchy, its was just desperate, although pretty par for the course when it comes to Miley Cyrus' adult life. When Rih thinks its too much, its way too much.
Reply 21
Limits just keep getting pushed until the day comes where everything goes "as long as you don't hurt anybody".

What a disgusting world we are headed towards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Hannibal Lecter
Because a stark reminder of the current morals and values of Western society.

Hardly, considering most people who have commented claim to be 'mortified'. Can you explain how one performer behaves is such a 'moral crisis'?
Reply 23
Original post by Fungii
Limits just keep getting pushed until the day comes where everything goes "as long as you don't hurt anybody".

What a disgusting world we are headed towards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you stop it then?
The problem is, its so unnatural and if you ask me she doesnt look like shes having fun. She looks like shes desperately trying to look sexy and "quirky". And thats what it stinks of; desperation!
Reply 25
Original post by Rajvir
Smith-Family-React-Miley-Cyrus-VMAs.jpg
LOL the smith's reaction to Miley Cyrus

They're overreacting.
I like how that article is trying to act as if this happened without Robin Thicke's consent. I would be very surprised to find that he was not expecting her to dance like that on him after all those rehearsals, particularly as they're singing the song that originally had naked women dancing around him.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Hardly, considering most people who have commented claim to be 'mortified'. Can you explain how one performer behaves is such a 'moral crisis'?

That someone thinks it's acceptable to behave like that says it all! Would any of the performers of the 1950s do such a thing?
Reply 28
How can you stop it then?

I don't know if it can be stopped. Modesty seems to be a lost quality and it's a shame in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy in the second picture pointing, is clearly thinking 'Dat Ass' :sexface: But on a serious note isn't 'unbelievably nauseating and cringeworthy' the definition of most teen pop nowadays? :colonhash:
So much second hand embarrassment... :tongue:
Reply 31
Lol at the Daily Mail feigning moral outrage before printing the pictures all over their paper and website.

I saw the youtube video, and agreed, it was pretty awkward.
Reply 32
They're overreacting.

Yeah probably..................still found it funny :smile:
She looks absolutely terrible.
Reply 34
Original post by Hannibal Lecter
That someone thinks it's acceptable to behave like that says it all! Would any of the performers of the 1950s do such a thing?

Who is losing out from it? The only person she'd show up is herself! No, the performers of the 1950s would have been less likely to dance that way as it would have been socially condemned. However, the legislation from the 1960s didn't make people suddenly think it's okay to be sexually liberated, those attitudes have always been there. It's not up to the government or anyone else to monitor/regulate what performers can do, what can be seen and what's universally acceptable. She is losing her fan base by her recent actions and image change.
Reply 35
Original post by ladynova
there is nothing wrong with any of it.

You retarded? You have to be blind to think there's nothing wrong with it! In case you didn't read the article FAMILY-FRIENDLY show, do you know what that means? Or are you still too deluded to think nothing's wrong with it!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Fungii
I don't know if it can be stopped. Modesty seems to be a lost quality and it's a shame in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's not, you don't know about the modest people because they're hardly likely to be out flaunting it!! People who act like this get seen/heard but it doesn't mean it represents how everyone else is turning.
Reply 37
Original post by Atemukay
You retarded? You have to be blind to think there's nothing wrong with it! In case you didn't read the article FAMILY-FRIENDLY show, do you know what that means? Or are you still too deluded to think nothing's wrong with it!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did the producers allow it then?
It was a bit ****, I think.
Reply 39
ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending