The Student Room Group

Miley Cyrus performance at MTV VMAs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by frappe framboise
In private, I agree. However it is certainly not appropriate in front of a large crowd full of her teenage fans. Miley Cyrus, whether she likes it or not, will always be associated with young fans because of her earlier Hannah Montana persona, therefore her fan base is still very young! Heck, I still see New Look selling her image on little pendant necklaces in their kid's range. Children emulate their idols behaviour, if it's okay for innocent girl next door Hannah Montana to start grinding against a man then it must be okay for them to act similarly!

Miss Cyrus needs to recognise her fan base and respect it. Yes,she is now a woman. Yes, she has the freedom to do what she likes. But she also has a duty of care towards her young, impressionable fans.

Aside: She's an adult. She's allowed to touch crotches err... I don't know about you but although I'm a fully fledged adult I don't tend to touch crotches nor grind in public. Bet hey, maybe I'm a prude. She does also have a boyfriend/fiancé does she not? Yet again, another bad example of a healthy relationship.

Miley, I despair.

I'm not by any means condoning her actions, merely saying I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill. :smile:

It's safe to say she wouldn't be coming under fire so much if she'd never been a child star (and by extension, had a young audience). As much as it's kinda sad, she's just trying to break free from that audience/the clean teen image and expressing her sexuality in an overbearing manner to really hammer the point home. It must be kinda crappy, having the expectation that you're going to be a role model forever. It's happened to the majority of teen idol-types, though - Look at Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan etc. etc.

Long story short: It's a tale as old as time and I think people should get over it.

Re: 'Aside': Eh, well I do, personally. It's not for everyone, but at least being able to decide is a privilege any other adult has.:redface:
Reply 81
Lool the smith familys reaction to this. Ha and first she needs to have a butt to even twerk. And she aint got none. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
She needs to keep that tongue in her mouth. Ffs.
Reply 83
I'm ashamed to say that I used to be a fan of hers, now I'm so disappointed. What a slut this girl has turned into. Not surprised though, considering every Disney star go down that route.
Original post by Rananagirl
I'm not by any means condoning her actions, merely saying I think a mountain is being made out of a molehill. :smile:

It's safe to say she wouldn't be coming under fire so much if she'd never been a child star (and by extension, had a young audience). As much as it's kinda sad, she's just trying to break free from that audience/the clean teen image and expressing her sexuality in an overbearing manner to really hammer the point home. It must be kinda crappy, having the expectation that you're going to be a role model forever. It's happened to the majority of teen idol-types, though - Look at Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan etc. etc.

Long story short: It's a tale as old as time and I think people should get over it.

Re: 'Aside': Eh, well I do, personally. It's not for everyone, but at least being able to decide is a privilege any other adult has.:redface:

Yes, and look what happened to them.

I feel sorry for her more than anything else. She clearly wants to break out from the Disney image, but it looks like she's heading for a big fall.
I think she is pathetic and it boooores me how she is constantly seeking for attention

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
I've just seen Daft Punk's reaction. Pretty much sums it up:
Reply 87
Original post by qwertyking
Yes, and look what happened to them.

I feel sorry for her more than anything else. She clearly wants to break out from the Disney image, but it looks like she's heading for a big fall.

"Look what happened to them" was exactly my point. I was trying to make note of the fact that child stars turning into train wrecks has become a cliche, and shouldn't be much of a surprise to anybody. :redface:
Reply 88
All yall acquiescing to Miley's desires, thinking you're clever.

Not such thing as bad publicity.

Get a life man.
Reply 89
Original post by Fungii
Limits just keep getting pushed until the day comes where everything goes "as long as you don't hurt anybody".

What a disgusting world we are headed towards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I could agree with a comment more.
When will people start boycotting these so called artists? they're illuminati, they are told to act like this they're bad role models.Yeah the illuminati is very real, there's plenty of celebrities who have exposed it and given up fame because they don't want to be part of this sick cult.
Reply 91
She's just overdoing it trying to shake the squeaky clean Hanna Montana image and making herself a laughing stock in the process.

Or she's discovered meth.
Original post by Philbert
I've just seen Daft Punk's reaction. Pretty much sums it up:

XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rajvir
Smith-Family-React-Miley-Cyrus-VMAs.jpg
LOL the smith's reaction to Miley Cyrus

Interestingly enough that photo was taken during Lady Gaga's set, not Miley Cyrus'

So it's blatant proof that the celeb media have decided to hang her out to dry for it, which is typical of them
She's trying way to hard to shake off that tag of being a child star and in the process of it looking like a fool.

Complete mess of a girl.
Was I the only one who really wanted to scrub her tongue? If you're going to wag your tongue like a dog at least have the decency to brush it. It's white and filled with plaque, absolutely disgusting. Her tongue really got to me. :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by Architecture-er
Interestingly enough that photo was taken during Lady Gaga's set, not Miley Cyrus'

So it's blatant proof that the celeb media have decided to hang her out to dry for it, which is typical of them

yeah I only realised that their reaction was to lady gagas performance after I had posted it up and researched more into it.

That being said if I was there my reaction would have resembled the smith reaction when Miley Cyrus was performing.
Original post by Rajvir
yeah I only realised that their reaction was to lady gagas performance after I had posted it up and researched more into it.

That being said if I was there my reaction would have resembled the smith reaction when Miley Cyrus was performing.

Yeah, same :puke:
Reply 99
Anyone in latex rubber gets my vote

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending