The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Languages for all?

Anyone thinking about this as-well?

Im doing biomecial science, I had never really been interested in languages but i think it would be cool to be able just to learn one for a bit.
Do you know if learning a language is free or you have to pay?

I was told that if you are learning a language as part of your degree (for credits) then its free but if your doing it as extra alongside your degree then you have to pay.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
I'm doing a language alongside my course, by the way I am taking Psychology! As far as I was aware, the language was free for the first year regardless of which degree programme you are taking. If you want to continue the language through subsequent years at uni then I think you have to pay!

Note: I had to pay a £12 deposit to be able to access the resources but so far these are the only expenses that I have had to pay.
Hope I helped. :smile:
Reply 3
I'm going to apply to do the French :smile: I did it at A level so I'd like to continue with it. Are you all living at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am! I'm gonna be living in the William Murdoch Building 1A. What about you?

I've already applied to do Spanish, but I've never studied it before. I never got the opportunity to study language before so I'm not entirely sure what I have got myself in for!! :/
Reply 5
haha i'm sure you'll enjoy it !!! no im living at home so worried about turning up to the events alone hehe what course are you doing?
Psychology! It should be really good! What are you going to be studying?

I think there are loads on students who live in Birmingham, off campus who will be travelling too and from every day. You could always try and meet people from some of the different flats and meet up with them beforehand - that way you don't have to go by yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest