The Student Room Group

Oral thrush: doctor or dentist?

Who do I see about this? I'm fairly certain that's what I've got, as it is a common side effect from the antibiotics I'm taking.

Also, do I need to see a doctor/dentist or is there anything OTC I can get for oral thrush? I'm aware you can get stuff in the pharmacy for vaginal but I don't need that.
Reply 1
I'd go to my doctor for it. Not sure if that's "appropriate" but it's not exactly... 'dental' health is it! That's how I view it :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Mayden
I'd go to my doctor for it. Not sure if that's "appropriate" but it's not exactly... 'dental' health is it! That's how I view it :tongue:

But it is oral health, which dentists deal with too.

I would go to the doctor; as it's common side effect from the antibiotics. If it's causing you that much of a problem, they may give you something else.
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
But it is oral health, which dentists deal with too.

I would go to the doctor; as it's common side effect from the antibiotics. If it's causing you that much of a problem, they may give you something else.

I appreciate that, which is why I explained itd be my reasoning to go to a doctor over a dentist, because dentists are for my toothies and gums. Even if a dentist will see you for jaw problems, oral health in general, etc. Dentist is toothies and gums for me. :frown:

But I hate dentists. So doctors over dentists each time for me!

Thrush is easily dealt with anyway OP. Whichever route you choose :wink:
Reply 4
I don't think it actually matters who you see.
Reply 5
Original post by OU Student
I don't think it actually matters who you see.

Original post by Mayden
I appreciate that, which is why I explained itd be my reasoning to go to a doctor over a dentist, because dentists are for my toothies and gums. Even if a dentist will see you for jaw problems, oral health in general, etc. Dentist is toothies and gums for me. :frown:

But I hate dentists. So doctors over dentists each time for me!

Thrush is easily dealt with anyway OP. Whichever route you choose :wink:

Thanks for your advice. I just asked because I know oral health is normally the dental route, but I too hate dentists and want to avoid them so I will go to a doctor seeing as it seems acceptable. At least I won't get charged for going too!

Reply 6
I would go to a GP to avoid the £17.50 (or so) fee :smile:
Reply 7
I would go to my GP.

Quick Reply

Latest