The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

What's everyone taking to induction week/first lectures?

Scroll to see replies

Just to clarify people about enrolling :smile:
I've already emailed to ask and they say you can easily enrol in induction week as it isn't practical for a lot of people to pop in before then. You can still use the bus as long as you have your acceptance letter before you get your ID card :smile: as long as you're enrolled by the 23rd it's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by Danderson1991
You'll have to let me know if they give you anymore info when you enrol :smile:

Yeh they don't give u any more info... My mum took me today to enrol and it was done in two seconds. I do know that if you don't enrol before the start of term then u can use the boarding pass (that thing with the bar code on) in place of your student card until you receive it. the woman was very brief but I was listening to someone else and its acts as a library card and if you want to print anything :smile: I havn't had a chance to look of evision yet to see if anything has changed on there, will do that in a min! :biggrin:
Original post by kat_allen
Just to clarify people about enrolling :smile:
I've already emailed to ask and they say you can easily enrol in induction week as it isn't practical for a lot of people to pop in before then. You can still use the bus as long as you have your acceptance letter before you get your ID card :smile: as long as you're enrolled by the 23rd it's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou, I didn't know that until today!! they could have sent a bit more info out really! They r not v helpful unless u ask for a specific! xxx :smile:
I've been on evision and it says ur now enrolled and below it has a button saying register... don't have to type in the codes it simply comes up and you click exit then they send u an email (I must say this is the simplest thing I have done for the whole process lol) :smile:
Original post by hollywilliams22
Yeh they don't give u any more info... My mum took me today to enrol and it was done in two seconds. I do know that if you don't enrol before the start of term then u can use the boarding pass (that thing with the bar code on) in place of your student card until you receive it. the woman was very brief but I was listening to someone else and its acts as a library card and if you want to print anything :smile: I havn't had a chance to look of evision yet to see if anything has changed on there, will do that in a min! :biggrin:

Cool, did you get your student card there and then? Think I'm going to go in on Monday to get my ID checked, just to get it out of the way :smile:
I've been on evision and it says ur now enrolled and below it has a button saying register... don't have to type in the codes it simply comes up and you click exit then they send u an email (I must say this is the simplest thing I have done for the whole process lol) :smile:

What info do i need to get on evision because I'm having some trouble with it?
Cool, did you get your student card there and then? Think I'm going to go in on Monday to get my ID checked, just to get it out of the way :smile:

No they post it to u within a week they said, but allow a few days for ur postal service as well. I would advise it because there was a short q when I was there (there might not b when u go but can u imagine the queues on the 16th!!) it didn't take long, literally a min but if ppl hav questions that's when it starts taking forever!!!
Original post by Photonkrios95
What info do i need to get on evision because I'm having some trouble with it?

you simply need ur student number (mine is 7 digits I would imagine most are) and ur password. I cant remember that far back how I came about having a password.... u would need to talk to someone at uni I would say if u cant access it, either on the phone or go to campus because u hav the same details for WOLF and Pebblepad which are online things to help you get info from tutors on topics etc etc.
No they post it to u within a week they said, but allow a few days for ur postal service as well. I would advise it because there was a short q when I was there (there might not b when u go but can u imagine the queues on the 16th!!) it didn't take long, literally a min but if ppl hav questions that's when it starts taking forever!!!

Ah fair enough, I'm definitely going in if there was a queue. Don't really want to be waiting around for ages on 16th :/ ta for the info. Hopefully there won't be many people when I go in ^.^
Reply 29
Hi! I'm doing Primary ed too!! I didn't realise people were buying textbooks, I've ordered mine from the library and i'm going to read them and if I need to buy them I think i'll decide when I get there.
Also if our student card gets posted does it go home? I'm going to be away from home so how am I going to use the bus or whatever???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahp101
Hi! I'm doing Primary ed too!! I didn't realise people were buying textbooks, I've ordered mine from the library and i'm going to read them and if I need to buy them I think i'll decide when I get there.
Also if our student card gets posted does it go home? I'm going to be away from home so how am I going to use the bus or whatever???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Sarah :smile: Had a look at the details and it said it gets posted to your term-time address (which I'm guessing is just for those getting their ID checked after 16th) So you'll still get it. Think Holly and others said in this thread that you can use your boarding pass to use the buses for the first week or so :smile:
Reply 31
Hi! Thanks for that, that's reassuring to know!!! I'm getting so excited to start the course now! It's only two weeks till we go now!!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Thanks for that, that's reassuring to know!!! I'm getting so excited to start the course now! It's only two weeks till we go now!!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :smile: Yea it's getting so close! You moving in on 14th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

to be honest I never considered borrowing from the library until after I already bought some. but they cost so much so if I need any more that's what I will b doing! yes it goes to term time address! and yes u can use ur boarding pass temporarily so hang on to it!!!
Reply 34
I've got 10 in total, 8 from the reading list and a couple that I got before they sent it to us. Luckily I got the national curriculum one from a teacher at the school who had a spare copy :biggrin: , The P.E and other parts of the curriculum are done in the bits it says "cc" on the timetable, I'm not exactly sure how that works though.

Hi guys,

I got in for Bed Primary Education through clearing and have only enrolled yesterday.

I still have no reading list for the course or a welcome week timetable and as you know we start on the 16th. I still have no timetable for the course either. Could any of you send me this stuff by e-mail? I have a university e-mail now and if you can could you let me know and I'll send it you.

Thanks for reading

Lana Young
[QUOTE="LarnieKay;44381304"]
I've got 10 in total, 8 from the reading list and a couple that I got before they sent it to us. Luckily I got the national curriculum one from a teacher at the school who had a spare copy :biggrin: , The P.E and other parts of the curriculum are done in the bits it says "cc" on the timetable, I'm not exactly sure how that works though.

Hi guys,

I got in for Bed Primary Education through clearing and have only enrolled yesterday.

I still have no reading list for the course or a welcome week timetable and as you know we start on the 16th. I still have no timetable for the course either. Could any of you send me this stuff by e-mail? I have a university e-mail now and if you can could you let me know and I'll send it you.

Thanks for reading

Lana Young

Hey,
I've emailed you all the information :smile:
Dan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending