The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
im a guy and im ugly, 18 and never had a gf. its my eyes really im just not very good looking at all, is there anything i can do to alter my face appearance. it will help me with confidence if i have a good face. i have an ok personality but my face is just holding me back from going out there... :frown: is there any way i can change my face without surgery ? i never get any attention from girls.

guys what do u do to improve ur looks? and girls what wud u suggest?

I know how you feel, i'm 20 and never had a partner. but i know it's a cliche but you will find someone who will love you for who you are, its just a matter of time!
looking at that picture i can't really see much wrong, if you grew your hair a bit, gelled it that would make you look nice.
yeh its defo the hair- makes your head look a funny shape.
djmarkmclachlan
Ugh, smelly pongos. Fish heads all the way.

with all due respect if it wasnt for soldiers, pilots and sailors, we'd all be speaking german by now, not just me, and yes i did english but that was a long time ago, and i personally dont care about my grammer when it comes to online forums, i simply care about the advice i'm giving and as for your posts, as a wise sgt once said,

if ya aint gonna help, then go and sit in that mortar hole

in other words, either help this fellow, who was brave enough to ask for our help, or keep yourself to yourself,
thank you for your time, and thank you for spotting my mistake, much obliged
yours chris:smile:
i'm thinking grow your hair a bit, leave the jarhead for the USMC, either shave it all off or grow it, experiment, maybe even take a female friend with you and help you decide on a new hair style, the high and tight is for the marines, not even squaddies have that hair cut,m otherwise, you look fine to me mate, so get out there and make some new female friends,
good luck
Don't gel your hair - gel is like hair-semen, it's really not cool, you won't see (for example) Brad Pitt with gelled hair these days. You could grow it a tiny bit longer if you really want to...
Reply 67
so to gel or not to gel? more tips plzzz!!! what can i do with my face
Reply 68
Without surgery, very little. Stop worrying about what you can do with your face and start learning to like it.
Grow the hair a little....?

P.S. You're not ugly.
Reply 70
grow the HAIR! defo.and ye gel it,not like SLICK it back 60's style, as in ruffled up spikes look, ask a guy ,he'l know what i mean.and do you work out? if not.WORK OUT!...omg your not ugly AT ALL. but u definetly have potential to make yourself look so much better.everyone does.... dont base your looks on wether your capable of getting a girl or not. you need to be confident in yourself first!!!girls dont like shy guys waiting for them to speak to them first..be postive and then watch, there will be enough intrest for you..perhaps your just not looking in the right places or that your shy?? towards girls..i dno,but i very much doubt its your looks.xxxxxx
Reply 71
You're not ugly. In any way. So don't think this is the reason why you don't have a girlfriend. That doesn't mean to say your personality is a turn off either, alot of people don't have a partner and it's no big deal. I suggest, like others, growing hair is a good option BUT NO GEL. it's gross to touch, and is just generally mank. Start by trying to like what you have -
e.g. you have full lips. Sexy non? also no monobrow. smile and make your eyes twinkle
See, you'll feel super attractive yet :biggrin:

Is the reason why you FEEL ugly because you don't look like the "stereotypical hot" guys in movies? They often look the same. NOT attractive.
Reply 72
Anonymous
my personality is something i can work on, u say be confident and ull get girls but i dont know what to say to girls to be confident. like in a bar wud u go up to a girl and say what exactly? a joke ? i can be confident in myself but how would i show other people i am confident (even if im not).

No no no. Wrong. Don't walk up to any girl and say a joke. It's not that kind of ''funny'' they want. Make eye contact first and hold it; thus killing two birds with one stone: showing interest and showing confidence with ability to hold eye contact. Then make your move. Try a few different ways of approaching them, you'll work it out soon enough.

SamTheMan
That's what everyone thinks :rolleyes: The fact is, when it comes to attraction, it's not about how you see yourself that will influence people, it's how they perceive you.

I agree that people will judge other people on how they look/ dress. However, you said to fit a category and it will lead to more success, I said that it's not required as you've either got it or you don't. I didn't dismiss it because I believe it could make a difference for the fella, I simply said if you're good looking it doesn't make a difference. I'm proof of that.

SamTheMan
Yes, you have to stand out but the fact that people stand out by not conforming in anyway is a myth.

Says who? Girls likes guys for who they are not what they wear.

SamTheMan
It's pure human instinct to categorise complicated things such as people. You might not want them to, but they will put you in a category. When people can't place someone in a category, they usually get uncomfortable and don't know how to react.

With some, yes. With others they are intregued (sounds like we're talking about animals now) and want to investigate. If she's hot I couldn't care less what she's wearing (well, that's a lie; the shorter the better :wink: *JOKE*).

SamTheMan
And btw, you sound confident, fair enough but don't get delusional...

I'm not? My head is firmly secured to my shoulders.

black_mamba
I met my partner at a bus stop. Beat that!!

Not trying to beat it, just jumping on the wagon: I met my last ex at the theatre. She was performing. My last before her, I taught how to snowboard.

Anonymous

TO be honest with you, you're not quite as bad as I imagined. Put it this way, there are worse than you amongst us on TSR for sure. Just try experimenting with yourself, wear what you feel nice in and make some effort. Also, it isn't poofy to use beauty treatments anymore. So tuck in (apply, not eat). :smile:

Also, as an experiment try going for girls you think you definately stand a chance with then progress until you reach your limit, and you'll know who you have a chance with and can approach in the future. Godspeed amigo!

Anonymous
yeh its defo the hair- makes your head look a funny shape.

Constructive advise. Hoorah! Didn't think I'd hear that.

Flank Runner
with all due respect if it wasnt for soldiers, pilots and sailors, we'd all be speaking german by now, not just me, and yes i did english but that was a long time ago, and i personally dont care about my grammer when it comes to online forums, i simply care about the advice i'm giving and as for your posts, as a wise sgt once said,

if ya aint gonna help, then go and sit in that mortar hole

in other words, either help this fellow, who was brave enough to ask for our help, or keep yourself to yourself,
thank you for your time, and thank you for spotting my mistake, much obliged

Way to show your ignorance of the three forces; there is a lot more to the RAF than Pilots, as there is a lot more to the RN than drunk matelots embarked on a big 'boat'. Oh yes, also, I am one of those pilot guys you speak of (or will be once I complete training) and I serve in the Royal Navy. Unlike those poor Army Air Corps types, I look forward to a good career in aviation - not just one tour and then stuck being a desk jockey for the rest of my career.

Hey that's nice, have they changed the spelling of ''grammer'' since you studied it? Or, seeing as you don't like to illustrate your ability in it, are you just being deliberately thick?

Ehh, yeah. Go sit in a mortar hole? I can see the relevance to our current climate/ argument. :rolleyes: Anyway, I prefer my cockpit.

Flank Runner
i'm thinking grow your hair a bit, leave the jarhead for the USMC, either shave it all off or grow it, experiment, maybe even take a female friend with you and help you decide on a new hair style, the high and tight is for the marines, not even squaddies have that hair cut,m otherwise, you look fine to me mate, so get out there and make some new female friends,
good luck

Wrong! I know a fair few commissioned aswell as non-commissioned marines and that is not the ''in'' look for them. ''What's under the beret is yours; what's not isn't''. Just being pedantic (picky).

black_mamba
Grow the hair a little....?

P.S. You're not ugly.

Come on! Don't insult the guys intelligence (for now, we'll assume he has some). Surely he expected such non-constructive comments, and can see through them? Albeit, he isn't the worste, but to say he isn't ugly? You're just patronising him!

toiletwall
You're not ugly. In any way.

Is the reason why you FEEL ugly because you don't look like the "stereotypical hot" guys in movies? They often look the same. NOT attractive.

Oh please! The irony of that last statement is clearly lost on you. ''stereotypical hot... [:] NOT attractive''? Then how the hell do they become stereotypically attractive? Even if you're trying to be nice, you're insulting the guy. Cruel to be kind is the best tactic, and atleast it is honest. Be honest and there might be something you can work with. Lead him into false pretension that he is good looking and he'll crash and burn.

As it says above ''all advice is unprofessional''. My advice to the OPer is you take heath of this.

With love, Mark.
Reply 73
awwww in no way are you ugly!!! at all!! i think you would look loads better if you smiled though :smile:
Reply 74
In light of this evidence, we have come to the conclusion that you have no taste. That's what you need fella (OP), go for chicks with no taste!

BTW, Glasgow sucks for talent, uh? Haven't pulled in weeks. Albeit I've not been out in weeks, but still - the last night I was out I didn't want to pull! I was coerced into playing wingman (Goose) for my best friend though (Maverick)! Such a selfless guy I am.
Reply 75
djmarkmclachlan
In light of this evidence, we have come to the conclusion that you have no taste. That's what you need fella (OP), go for chicks with no taste!

BTW, Glasgow sucks for talent, uh? Haven't pulled in weeks. Albeit I've not been out in weeks, but still - the last night I was out I didn't want to pull! I was coerced into playing wingman (Goose) for my best friend though (Maverick)! Such a selfless guy I am.

i have no taste? because i think the guy's not ugly? ok. whatever.

yeah i agree. ive gotten to the point where everytime i go out, everyone looks the same to me. everyone's wearing the same outfits, have their hair the same. its like a mass of clones. where is the individuality??!!!
djmarkmclachlan

I agree that people will judge other people on how they look/ dress. However, you said to fit a category and it will lead to more success, I said that it's not required as you've either got it or you don't.

A lot of girls go for 'styles' and 'types'. If they didn't, you wouldn't see girls constantly going for chavs, or constantly going for rich guys, athletes or emo guys. Yes, there are plenty of girls who deviate totally from this trend though. A lot of girls don't do 'types'.

Either got it? As in you've got what it takes to be in that category. There's no point of him being what he's not but affirming himself would be better than his describing himself as "just a normal guy".

djmarkmclachlan

Says who? Girls likes guys for who they are not what they wear.
With some, yes. With others they are intregued (sounds like we're talking about animals now) and want to investigate. If she's hot I couldn't care less what she's wearing (well, that's a lie; the shorter the better :wink: *JOKE*).

That's the point. I wasn't going on about clothes... that's the impression you got because I used the word 'style'. But to think that clothes don't matter at all, shows that you know little about women. It's hugely important as it defines the type of guy you are and again, as I said, girls go for 'types'.
I can PM you some killer advice if you want it. PM me if you do.
Reply 78
yeah most girls go for types but there are lots who don't. me for one anyway, the guys i've been with have been so different from each other i would go as far as saying opposites as far as appearance is concerned. that's what makes me say this guy is not ugly. i don't know if he fits into a type but i'm certain there are people who would like him.
zain88
i have no taste? because i think the guy's not ugly? ok. whatever.

I agree there. I'm no expert on male looks but as far as I can tell, the OP doesn't look any worse than any guys I know who believe they're studs. Just goes to show... I wouldn't go for the jarhead cut though but some girls like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending