The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

University Hall, Nevern. Help :)

Hey. I've recently been accepted into Cardiff University and have been placed in University Halls, Nevern building. I've done my research and I'm aware that people tend to class this as one of the more 'bleaker' accommodations, but my main concern is mainly the distance to the main building etc. Many of the people I've found living near me seem to be doing medical or some sort of therapy degree whereas I've applied for accountancy and finance. This makes me wonder whether the free bus will have drop off points near where my lectures etc will be? And I was also wondering how people manage the distance when the free buses have stopped because unless you share a taxi I assume it will be pretty expensive on your own. Any help would be amazing thank you!

Also let me know if your accommodation is in Nevern(N2), ground floor, flat 1? :smile:
Reply 1
Hey I lived in Nevern last year (N4) and it is by far NOT bleak. Yeah if you compare it to every other accommodation they all have their strengths and weaknesses!

Many people near you will be doing medical or therapy based subjects but thats a definately a minority. Pretty much 99% of people i knew in Uni halls as a whole were doing courses at main campus!

The free bus stops at every site you could possibly have lectures at, so dont worry about that, its all ok on that end. And if for whatever reason the busses stop running, you could get a taxi with 3 others to the uni for about £2 each (about the same price as bus which doesn't go near the main uni campus), so again dont worry!

Pretty much everyone gets taxi's anyway. To my mates house on column road (right next to main campus) it costs me a fiver by myself at worse. Its so cheap for dragon taxis (02920333333 - their number!) that it's a priority that you have it, as you WILL NEED TAXI'S WHEN YOU LIVE IN UNI HALL!! either to get back from the SU/Town after a messy night or if you go town for whatever reason on a weekend (although you can get the bus for £3.70 return!)

Most of all if you are worried about distance, dont be. Its fine and you will learn to deal with it easily. When it comes to shopping, by the end of the year, everyone got delivery via tesco/sainsuburys and as well as that, there is a lidl just around the corner from main campus, so its always easy to pick up cheap food/alcohol!

if you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah thank you so much for replying. It's definitely made me feel a whole lot better about the distance. I think my lectures and stuff either take place in the business school or the Julian hodge building which I believe are right next to each other? Where would the closest drop off from the free bus be to here please?
Reply 3
Original post by FfionG
Ah thank you so much for replying. It's definitely made me feel a whole lot better about the distance. I think my lectures and stuff either take place in the business school or the Julian hodge building which I believe are right next to each other? Where would the closest drop off from the free bus be to here please?

20 second walk to outside the front entrance haha
Reply 4
Ah perfect :smile: Thank you!
Reply 5
Also let me know if your accommodation is in Nevern(N2), ground floor, flat 1? :smile:

Hey,
Im here as well! You're the first person that I have found! Have you found anyone else?

Oh, I'm Oli by the way.
Reply 6
Original post by Olixuk

Hey,
Im in Nervern, N5 ground floor flat one. Is this anywhere near you? I haven't found anyone yet!
Reply 7
Hey! You're in N5? Ah I thought I'd found another flat mate then:frown: haha. No, we're not far away at all, sure we'll all be bumping into each other at some point :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Olixuk
Hey,
Im in Nervern, N5 ground floor flat one. Is this anywhere near you? I haven't found anyone yet!

I'm N5 ground floor flat one too! I hadn't found anyone either, nice to know I won't be on my own haha! I'm Jamie :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by FfionG
Hey. I've recently been accepted into Cardiff University and have been placed in University Halls, Nevern building. I've done my research and I'm aware that people tend to class this as one of the more 'bleaker' accommodations, but my main concern is mainly the distance to the main building etc. Many of the people I've found living near me seem to be doing medical or some sort of therapy degree whereas I've applied for accountancy and finance. This makes me wonder whether the free bus will have drop off points near where my lectures etc will be? And I was also wondering how people manage the distance when the free buses have stopped because unless you share a taxi I assume it will be pretty expensive on your own. Any help would be amazing thank you!

hey
I'm in N2 ground floor, flat 1
Reply 10
Original post by samdt
hey
I'm in N2 ground floor, flat 1

Hey! Think we are flat mates then :smile: what's your name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending