The Student Room Group

A in biology as level

I am starting college next week and I was wondering the best ways of achieving an A in biology AS level bearing in mind I got an A in the subject at GCSE. Thanks:smile:
Revision and loads of past papers and listen in class, don't be afraid to ask the teachers for help, and never underestimate the question, it may look like an easy question but if it does be assured that they want a lot of information, also count how many marks the question is worth and if they are 6 marks give 8 points not 6.
Reply 2
Have any coursework checked out 3 or 4 times before handing in your final copies, get feedback in every area you can and never leave any thing out. When it comes to writing try and express yourself and build on points as much as you can!

And good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you do OCR you must put keywords and follow exactly what the markscheme says or you will get no marks.
Reply 4
Revise / work hard throughout the year, instead of approaching exams and thinking your going to get an A without having put in any effort.
Just work hard consistently throughout the year in a nut shell. Really try to motivate yourself, don't imitate others that don't revise, because they'll be achieving poor grades whilst you will be achieving great grades because of your independent study. Reduce social life, and find out the best way you learn, as that is important. Go throughout the text book and additional books such as revision guides multiple times and towards the start of your exam do tonnes of past papers. I did all this and achieved an A in biology, so just remember, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Five people in my year were kicked out of sixth form because they failed due to not putting in sufficient work
Reply 6
Constantly revise, staying on top of your notes and never leave work until the last minute, there are lots to learn in biology so if you put off your work it can be way too much!! Try read around the subject, read ahead in your subject, find useful websites for revision etc
Also past exam papers are massively helpful, a lot of people say they don't gain anything from them but what better way to practise for an exam is there than doing the exam over and over?! Learn the mark schemes and check out examiner's reports, they actually tell you what they are looking for!!
This is applicable for any of your subjects at college :smile: I use it for all of mine

Quick Reply