The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Internet in the Lawns

Just wanted to know do you have to bring your Ethernet cable or is there already internet in the Lawns?
Im taking one just to be sure buuut....

ive seen a few people say theyre getting wifi in the halls for september.
also, everyone got given an ethernet cable when picking up their keys last year apparently.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by abcdemily95
Im taking one just to be sure buuut....

ive seen a few people say theyre getting wifi in the halls for september.
also, everyone got given an ethernet cable when picking up their keys last year apparently.

Oh cool, thanks for your reply. This time next month semester starts..
They were testing out wifi in my block last year but it was annoying as you had to log in every half an hour, I don't know if they've decided to get it. Although if they have and still give out ethernet cables it could be good to connect to with phones and other smaller stuff that don't have an ethernet slot.

Last year everyone was given an ethernet cable, which was long enough so it could reach the majority of your room and once it was connected the internet was really fast and reliable.
Reply 4
Original post by Midnight Star
They were testing out wifi in my block last year but it was annoying as you had to log in every half an hour, I don't know if they've decided to get it. Although if they have and still give out ethernet cables it could be good to connect to with phones and other smaller stuff that don't have an ethernet slot.

Last year everyone was given an ethernet cable, which was long enough so it could reach the majority of your room and once it was connected the internet was really fast and reliable.

Yeah, I gave the accommodation office a ring and they said that they would supply students with Ethernet cable this year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi everyone,

Ethernet cables will be provided, but there is also a brand new wireless service (different from the service that was trialled last year), so you won't need to plug in unless you want to.

There's a little information available here, if it's of use: www.hull.ac.uk/getconnected

Hope that helps.

Feel free to get in touch if you've got any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest