The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tumblrgirl
anyone else absolutely terrified for Thursday? I'm 99% sure i've missed my grades for my firm and insurance :frown:

Yeah this is exactly how I feel. Im just trying not to think about it so much, I know I'll be gutted if I don't get in though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChloeB43
Yeah this is exactly how I feel. Im just trying not to think about it so much, I know I'll be gutted if I don't get in though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do pharmacy Unis ever go to Clearing? , thinking thats my best choice at the moment :frown:
Original post by tumblrgirl
anyone else absolutely terrified for Thursday? I'm 99% sure i've missed my grades for my firm and insurance :frown:

Same! If I don't get into Cardiff my firm, IDK what I'm going to do, don't want to leave Wales :frown: I'm hoping even if I miss ABB by a grade they'll let me in anyway because I've been working in a Pharmacy for 3 years, that's got to count for something.... right? :/

Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
I'm soo nervous that i will not get both my Firm and Insurance :frown: - Found those June exams very Challenging :frown:

I'm almost certain I'll get into my insurance if not my firm with a nice offer from Portsmouth of ACC, not sure I wan't to travel that far from home though, too home sick :frown:

Original post by bunny96
Does anyone know of someone who missed their offer for Pharmacy at UCL and still got accepted?

Pre-results day desperation is kicking in :cry2:

Nope but I know someone who got offered AAB, got ABC and still got accepted into Cardiff with no experience whatsoever which I thought was pretty strange
How do you find out which universities go into clearing for pharmacy
Also anyone who is going ljmu, have they got the admissions number
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
Do pharmacy Unis ever go to Clearing? , thinking thats my best choice at the moment :frown:

Yeah there were quite a few last year that went into clearing. I remember checking it last year and seeing Aston, UEA, Brighton, Manchester (for international students only), Huddersfield, and a few others that I can't quite remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mellymoo10

Nope but I know someone who got offered AAB, got ABC and still got accepted into Cardiff with no experience whatsoever which I thought was pretty strange

When was this?! Reading stuff like this gives me hope. Out of interest was there extenuating circumstances too? I'm sure I've read cases of people getting BBB and not getting into Cardiff which is weird considering that would be equivalent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else firmed Nottingham? Got a feeling they're not going to be lenient with the grades. D:
Yeah there were quite a few last year that went into clearing. I remember checking it last year and seeing Aston, UEA, Brighton, Manchester (for international students only), Huddersfield, and a few others that I can't quite remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay , thats a relief!
but don't you have to have meet the Unis grade Requirements to enter?
How does clearing even work?
Original post by L'ananas
Anyone else firmed Nottingham? Got a feeling they're not going to be lenient with the grades. D:

Yeahh I did .I think they can take ABB but not lower .After that Horrific C4 and death M1 I'd be lucky to get a C so I'm definitely farked tbh -.-
Ocr destroyed my chances of an A in just 6 days
Trying not to think about it :'( :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by livealittle
Yeahh I did .I think they can take ABB but not lower .After that Horrific C4 and death M1 I'd be lucky to get a C so I'm definitely farked tbh -.-
Ocr destroyed my chances of an A in just 6 days
Trying not to think about it :'( :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry went bad for me so worried I'll get a C instead of a B. :frown:
I guess we will have to wait and see but I have a feeling a lot of us pharmacy students will have been under pressure as a lot of us will have done a combination of maths/chemistry/biology, and it seems like those exams are the ones people are worrying about. D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here :frown:
Chemistry went bad for me so worried I'll get a C instead of a B. :frown:
I guess we will have to wait and see but I have a feeling a lot of us pharmacy students will have been under pressure as a lot of us will have done a combination of maths/chemistry/biology, and it seems like those exams are the ones people are worrying about. D:

I know!!!
Exam boards went crazy with science this year .My psychology was ok.
I revised for chem & maths 100 billion times more than I did for psychology And they both left me questioning my existence -.-
I've firmed QUB, anyone else? :smile: seriously panicking I won't get in though! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We once again will have clearing spots available this year if you don't get either of your choices. You can register your interest here.

Yeah I've firmed Nottingham. I got that impression too. I just hope that they will be kind as I really doubt I have got the grades. I think that I may have got a C or lower in chemistry as I really messed up the chem exams this year, let alone the ISA. I am so scared right now :frown: I just want to scream really loudly for some random reason! What is your insurance?
Original post by theartangel
Yeah I've firmed Nottingham. I got that impression too. I just hope that they will be kind as I really doubt I have got the grades. I think that I may have got a C or lower in chemistry as I really messed up the chem exams this year, let alone the ISA. I am so scared right now :frown: I just want to scream really loudly for some random reason! What is your insurance?

I got the impression from the interview when they said they put all the interview scores in a list and the top ones were given an offer, bottom ones rejected and middle ones put on a waiting list. I absolutely loved Nottingham more than any university for pharmacy and don't want all this hard work to be for nothing with the interviews and all that. :frown:

I really messed up the exams and the ISA for chemistry as well - all my other exams went quite well, it was just chemistry that went awful. My insurance is Lincoln which is ABB, what about you? :smile:
I got the impression from the interview when they said they put all the interview scores in a list and the top ones were given an offer, bottom ones rejected and middle ones put on a waiting list. I absolutely loved Nottingham more than any university for pharmacy and don't want all this hard work to be for nothing with the interviews and all that. :frown:

I really messed up the exams and the ISA for chemistry as well - all my other exams went quite well, it was just chemistry that went awful. My insurance is Lincoln which is ABB, what about you? :smile:

I feel exactly the same. I guess there's nothing we can do about it now and what will be will be. I just love the campus and the vibe that I got from Nottingham and so want to go there. At least your insurance is slightly lower, mine is Bath which is exactly the same requirements as for Nottingham. What accommodation have you chosen at Nottingham? I wish you all the very best of luck for Thursday :smile:
Original post by theartangel
I feel exactly the same. I guess there's nothing we can do about it now and what will be will be. I just love the campus and the vibe that I got from Nottingham and so want to go there. At least your insurance is slightly lower, mine is Bath which is exactly the same requirements as for Nottingham. What accommodation have you chosen at Nottingham? I wish you all the very best of luck for Thursday :smile:

Same here, I absolutely loved the vibe and all the people I met were really nice. The prospects sound good for Nottingham as well. I went to other interviews and didn't get the same vibe, I just felt like I'd fit in at Nottingham. I've chosen St Peters Court, how about you? :smile:

The ISA went horrible for me.
The only paper I'm confident about is unit 5 lol that itself is not enough .
Fml .My Life is over

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending