The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Thank you, can anyone tell me what university's accept a C in chemistry for pharmacy? I've heard of Porstmouth but are there any others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HelpmepleaseSOS
Thank you, can anyone tell me what university's accept a C in chemistry for pharmacy? I've heard of Porstmouth but are there any others

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2 or AS???
And at the end of A2 just incase I flop next year too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yarshad
Unlucky, but good luck this time! :smile:

Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, with my C in AS chemistry I got accepted into Aston, Bradford, LJMU, Keele
right can anyone help me with there words of wisdom or just advice!
I got my AS results and hmm well there crap im really worried and feel sick but im still motivated to do pharmacy!

I got:
bio: U
ict: D (ONE MARK OF AN C)
art: B (COUPLE MARKS OF AN A :frown:
business: C (1 MARKS OF AN B :frown:
general studies: U

I havent got the correct subjects as i changed my mind half way through my AS Year I want to do pharmacy through doing the foundation year. But they want AAAB at AS and at A2 they want AAA :frown: this is at Keele uni. im worried they will look at my AS and not give me a chance. can anyone advice me please? Also to do the foundation they want non-science subjects so do you think i should drop biology? but if i dont get into the foundation year course and if i do have biology, keele will allow to apply for pharmacy with my subjects just the other route. so a big dilemma.
forgot to mention the foundation course does accept just having the one science.

sorry its long but any support or advice would help me so much :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by justaskingyou
right can anyone help me with there words of wisdom or just advice!
I got my AS results and hmm well there crap im really worried and feel sick but im still motivated to do pharmacy!

I got:
bio: U
ict: D (ONE MARK OF AN C)
art: B (COUPLE MARKS OF AN A :frown:
business: C (1 MARKS OF AN B :frown:
general studies: U

I havent got the correct subjects as i changed my mind half way through I want to do pharmacy through doing the foundation year first then doing pharmacy. But they want AAAB at AS and at A2 they want AAA :frown: this is at Keele uni. im worried they will look at my AS and not give me a chance. can anyone advice me please? Also do to the foundation they want non-science subjects so do you think i should drop biology? but if i dont get into the foundation year course if i do have biology keele allow for pharmacy. so a big dilemma.
forgot to mention the foundation course does accept just having the one science.

sorry its long but any support or advice would help me so much :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure you need to do Chemistry A-Level, which is the entry requirement for the Pharmacy course. I'm not 100% sure about whether this applies to the foundation year as well!
Original post by ADAOBI123
Didn't get in this year.

So I'm gonna apply again. But this time with an access to science course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply and what grades did you get?

Many thanks for your time :biggrin:
Original post by propagation
If you don't mind me asking, where did you apply and what grades did you get?

Many thanks for your time :biggrin:

I applied to Portsmouth, my firm. I got CDE:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ADAOBI123
I applied to Portsmouth, my firm. I got CDE:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right :frown:
Original post by propagation
Oh right :frown:

Which unis do you plan to apply to ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a C in chemistry at AS today and I'm just wondering whether I will get offers from universities?? I'm going to resist and plan on getting a B at A2 but I'm worried I'll get no offers based on these results, I'm really interested in sunderland uni and would really appreciate some advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a C in chemistry at AS today and I'm just wondering whether I will get offers from universities?? I'm going to resist and plan on getting a B at A2 but I'm worried I'll get no offers based on these results, I'm really interested in sunderland uni and would really appreciate some advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will probably get an offer from Sunderland university. Also places like Portsmouth ask for a C. Even today DMU were asking for C's in chemistry. Don't worry. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, try contacting the university directly with your personal circumstances, say something like I'm interested in your course, however at AS I got these grades, would I still be within a chance of having my application considered.

Most of them got back to me within a week with genuine responses :smile:
Reply 75

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could look at universities that use tariff points instead of A-level grades. Portsmouth, De Montfort, Huddersfield, (not Hertfordshire), Kingston, LJMU, (not Sunderland), Wolverhampton.
I'll be studying at Reading this year, so if anyone is interested in applying to Reading, I'll give you my first impressions.

Still though it's a brilliant uni and the pharmacy teaching is good and the labs are amazing.
Original post by aldanyh
You could look at universities that use tariff points instead of A-level grades. Portsmouth, De Montfort, Huddersfield, (not Hertfordshire), Kingston, LJMU, (not Sunderland), Wolverhampton.

Hi
If you are looking for a place through clearing unfortunately the Kingston Pharmacy course is not in clearing but we do have places available still on our Pharmaceutical Science and Pharmacology courses. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate-2013/subject-areas/339-chemistry-and-pharmaceutical-sciences/

If you are interested then give us a call on our hotline 0844 842 9599

If you are thinking about applying for Pharmacy next year then (currently) we ask for 320 UCAS points which have to come from 3 A Levels or equivalent and you need 100 points (grade B) in Chemistry and a further 100 points in either Maths, Physics or Biology. If you have not taken Biology to A Level you need a minimum of AS grade C. This may change for 2014 entry so do check our website before applying!

Hope that helps

Kind regards
Kerrie
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78
hi guys! i am going to stay one more year at college to finish my chemistry a - level and i wish to apply pharmacy at portsmouth uni and bath. today i got my as&alevel results, they are listed below.

A2 chinese B
A2 math C (few marks from B)
A2 physics D (few marks from C)
and AS chemistry C (few marks from a B!)

it didn't fill my expectation at all. i am usually a grade A student for math and B student for chem, and chinese is my first language!!! have no idea what has happened!!! i am going to return to college this year anyway and consider doing AS bio and ICT along with my A2 chemistry, so i can improve them definitely! and i believe i can achieve much better! the problem is is there any chance these two uni will give me an offer??? i am reallyyyyyy worried about this!

any thoughts guys?!!! please help me! many thx! :colondollar:
A quick update - I have heard that Pharmacy at Kingston has just increased numbers slightly and therefore is open for clearing enquiries - so if you are interested in studying Pharmacy at Kingston for 2013 entry give our hotline a call. 0844 842 9599. I am not sure how long it will be open for!
Kerrie

Quick Reply

Latest