The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Hello BCU Mature Students!

Hello Everyone

I am starting at BCU Birmingham City University in september, I am 25+, I am doing the fashion retail management course. Are there any mature students starting at bcu? I am moving to Birmingham very soon and hope to meet like minded people, meaning people with abit of life experience and like me taking another chance at education.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm 29doing primary education :-) commuting from Telford!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Great good to know, I've been searching for a mature student society or something like it. Have you seen anything like that?
Original post by beautyspotlee
Hello Everyone

I am starting at BCU Birmingham City University in september, I am 25+, I am doing the fashion retail management course. Are there any mature students starting at bcu? I am moving to Birmingham very soon and hope to meet like minded people, meaning people with abit of life experience and like me taking another chance at education.

Hi, fellow mature student studying Television Production at the City Centre campus.
Hi there, I'm 24 and studying Visual communication in photography. :smile:
Original post by Xbabykennyx
Hi there, I'm 24 and studying Visual communication in photography. :smile:

Great. Maybe we'll cross paths. I'm 33 (meant to write it on previous post). Do you know if there's any groups or societies for mature students?
Original post by Dolphin228
Great. Maybe we'll cross paths. I'm 33 (meant to write it on previous post). Do you know if there's any groups or societies for mature students?

[INDENT]I have no idea, in honestly. Have been looking about. are you staying close in the city? Your course is at parkside? Biad?[/INDENT]

[INDENT]I have no idea, in honestly. Have been looking about. are you staying close in the city? Your course is at parkside? Biad?[/INDENT]

I'll be at Parkside. Hoping to stay at Curzon Gateway.
Original post by Dolphin228
I'll be at Parkside. Hoping to stay at Curzon Gateway.

Awesome. You wanna hook up on FB?
Awesome. You wanna hook up on FB?

Sure. PM me.
Reply 10
Original post by beautyspotlee
Hello Everyone

Hello!

I'll be studying jewellery and silversmithing in Sept and am in my 30s.

V
im 31 im starting my BA architecture course at BCU in september. ive just completed an access course in art and design and a sub sid BTEC in construction.
Hi, my names Dave, I'm 29 and starting Law in Sept having recently left the RAF. I'm staying at Studios 51 near the centre of town. If anyone would like to meet up for a pint, drop me a message (moving in on 5 Sep). Otherwise, if everyone is happy, how about setting a date / time / bar in Birmingham and everyone who would like to pitch up can do so? Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I win - I'm old M.ED - 47... collecting pension soon
Reply 14
Original post by Dave050105
Hi, my names Dave, I'm 29 and starting Law in Sept having recently left the RAF. I'm staying at Studios 51 near the centre of town. If anyone would like to meet up for a pint, drop me a message (moving in on 5 Sep). Otherwise, if everyone is happy, how about setting a date / time / bar in Birmingham and everyone who would like to pitch up can do so? Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do we all do ... wear a pink carnation for identification purposes he he! X
This is sounding fun lol
Reply 16
hi, I am Raja and I am 23
starting MSc logistics and supply chain managemnt this sep and i need your help about accommodation. how to get a confirmation for an accommodation, coz i applied thru online didnt get any news and how to pay advance 350 pounds?
Original post by Raja rj
hi, I am Raja and I am 23
starting MSc logistics and supply chain managemnt this sep and i need your help about accommodation. how to get a confirmation for an accommodation, coz i applied thru online didnt get any news and how to pay advance 350 pounds?

give student services a call. that would be your best option. im not staying in halls so ive not had to deal with that side of things! hope you get it sorted tho.
Reply 18
Anyone doing business management?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Venn
What do we all do ... wear a pink carnation for identification purposes he he! X

Lol, have we met before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending