The Student Room Group
Are you on about AQA B? If so, module 4 is 90/300 marks = 30% of this years marks, 15% of the complete thing.
Module 8 is 120/300 = 40% of this years marks, 20% of the complete thing.
Reply 2
cheers shiny happy!
I think synoptic is 84 Ums marks and module 8/applied module is 36 marks
stratomaster
I think synoptic is 84 Ums marks and module 8/applied module is 36 marks

Yes, module 8 is broken down into two parts, one section is short answer questions on whatever that module is (I do mod 7, which is microbes and disease) The other half is the practical questions and the synoptic essay. From what I can tell on the website, these two halves are worth the same,

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5416-6416-WRE-Jun05.pdf
In the revision guide i've got it says the 2 1/4 hour exam is woth 20% of total alevel mark (120ums) including 14% synoptic, which works out as 84 ums marks.
Reply 6
I think that means how many of the questions are synoptic or something, because under module 5 it says "including 3.5% synoptic".

Maybe it means 14% of the 20% are synoptic questions.
Aired
I think that means how many of the questions are synoptic or something, because under module 5 it says "including 3.5% synoptic".

Maybe it means 14% of the 20% are synoptic questions.

Yes, I think that must be it. The AQA website definately suggests that part a is 50% of the UMS mark, and the essay and practical are 50% anyway.
Oh right maybe it is. The applied module isn't so bad I suppose.. just soo boring!
Reply 9
I quite like the disease part of the microbes option, the stuff about microbes in industry is a bit boring though.

Latest