The Student Room Group

Edexcel ENGLISH LANGUAGE help!

hey guys i need some help, im doing a assessment where you analyse two transcripts through different categories e.g
purpose
audience
relationships between speakers
etc

thing is one of the categories is language features and i have no idea what it means by language features.

can someone help me out? what are language features?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by HasanAsim
hey guys i need some help, im doing a assessment where you analyse two transcripts through different categories e.g
purpose
audience
relationships between speakers
etc

thing is one of the categories is language features and i have no idea what it means by language features.

can someone help me out? what are language features?

Lnguage feature is things like allitteration, repitiopn, threes ETC
Reply 3
Also could mean, colloquial, formal and slang language too as well as the above.
Reply 4
Alliteration and similar are figures of speech, I was taught last year that the language is the style of writing used ie very formal (19th century) similar to the style of writing in Jude the obscure which comes across as a formal style.
Reply 5
Explore how the language in the extract influences your view on Curley? ( 16 marks) - edexcel english language

Steinbeck initially presents Curley as am aggressive and harsh character within the ranch. The verb "lashed" conveys that he is vigorous and cruel which shows that he is an oppressor in the novella. Almost immediately after meeting George and lennie he had tried to intimdate them which potrays to the audience that he wants to gain authority within the ranch. It also implies that he is insecure of his built and picks on people bigger than him so that he can cover that insecurity. This also foreshadows that he will soon bring inconvenience and difficulty to George and Lennie later on in the Novella. Also, he is "calculating and pugnacious" emphasises that he is very scheming, judging and someone and who likes to pick fights which further foreshadows the fight between him and lennie later on in the Novella.

Can someone please give me a grade for this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending