The Student Room Group

Ladies: How long do a pair of tights last you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't wear tights as too uncomfortable, wear stockings instead. But a bonus of stockings is they last longer if you get several pairs the same... if you get a ladder only that one gets chucked out, the 'good' one can join the 'good' one from another laddered pair! And of course there's no crotch to rip :smile:

Thin ones from BHS seem to be pretty good, opaques from Trasparenze last ages.
Reply 21
Original post by xlizx
Think tights always seem the ladder after a day a wearing them for me, think tights around 80 denier last up to around two months for me x

Oh and I have also never seen anyone wearing tights on their own as trousers, lots of people do this with leggings but not tights; they would be far to see through and you would be able to see the seam x

What colour tights do you like to wear?
Reply 22
Original post by SoftPunch
Depends on the occasions I wear them out to.

Which occasions do you wear them out to? What colour tights do you prefer? Do your feet get sweatier than normal when you wear them?
Reply 23
I only ever wear black or sheer skin coloured ones.
Reply 24
Original post by Airfairy
I only ever wear black or sheer skin coloured ones.

Do they feel good on your legs and feet?
If you don't mind paying a little bit extra then I would get M&S ones. I don't know exactly how long they last as I have about 20 pairs at a time and just wear a new pair everyday for school, but I would only find a pair with a hole in it around once a month/every couple of months which is pretty good! Although be aware some of their tights are not the best so make sure they are a decent denier
Reply 26
Original post by Zhy

Buy a pair and find out for yourself :sexface:
I rarely wear tights, but when I do, they last me all of one day, two tops! Sometimes not even that, they get wrecked while I try to put them on! The longest lasting tights I've ever bought were UV-blocking neutral coloured tights from a Japanese convenience store while on holiday for about £2, and they lasted me almost 6 months!

I buy them from Primark, M&S, Next... everywhere, and none have lasted as long as the Japanese ones! I generally buy them from Primark now to make sure I haven't wasted piles of money on tights!
Original post by kingquang
Both actually. Isn't leggings and tights the same? I guess leggings come in various colours, while tights are only black or skin coloured.

I have purple tights. What now? :colonhash:

Leggings are thicker. No one wears tights instead of trousers, they're too thin. They're not the same thing at all.
Now, you are definite troll, lol

He's not a troll, he has a foot fetish. I'm not kidding. :tongue:
Reply 30
I have quite a few pairs of Primark tights that have lasted for at least a year. A few have holes at the toes, and I don't wear them all that often but still :tongue: Really don't see the point of buying anything more expensive when they're so likely to ladder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons

Leggings are thicker. No one wears tights instead of trousers, they're too thin. They're not the same thing at all.

I'm sorry to tell you that's not fashionable at all.
Reply 32
Original post by Zhy

Tight fetish :ninja: haha. But erm...not really, no. Not as comfy as bare legs.
Reply 33
So many questions, lol, I am not even sure if you are trolling or not :tongue: I wear them to school, if I wear a skirt, or I wear them with a dress sometimes if the weather is quite cool, but occasions can be different, if somewhere like school or if I am going out sometimes. I don't wear tights with shorts because I just find it weird, like in summer there is no reason to wear tights if weather is fine, but in winter, it's inappropriate to wear shorts outdoors anyways, lol. To school I wear black or skin coloured ones. On other occasions, I have fancy ones, like with letters and different colour dog bones pictures on them :colone:Emmm, I don't really, because the weather is refreshing most of the time anyways when I wear them, and I usually wear the thin material ones lol. I would ask you the same question, but I have no idea what sex are you.

I'm not trolling, don't worry. I'm a guy and I'm generally interested in women's clothing purely because I know little about it. :smile:

Interesting. Do you ever wear tights with knee-length shorts? Those sound pretty -- I quite like the look of the monochromatic ones. But black tights are always still near the top of the list for me!

Do you ever wear tights two days in a row?
Reply 34
Original post by Airfairy
Tight fetish :ninja: haha. But erm...not really, no. Not as comfy as bare legs.

I see... but doesn't the wind feel good against your legs when you're wearing tights with a thin material?
Reply 35
it depends, but they're usually only good for one bank robbery
Reply 36
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons

I'd ask for a picture of them, but I have a feeling you wouldn't as you've spoiled me enough already. :wink:

Do women ever wear tights and leggings together?
Reply 37
Original post by suncake
I have quite a few pairs of Primark tights that have lasted for at least a year. A few have holes at the toes, and I don't wear them all that often but still :tongue: Really don't see the point of buying anything more expensive when they're so likely to ladder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What colour are they? :smile:
Reply 38
And how do you know haha? I am gonna check out his profile just for a lol :tongue:

Did you find anything interesting? :wink:
Reply 39
tights are like thinner leggins?

Quick Reply

Latest