The Student Room Group

How much harder is A2 geography compared to AS?

I am beginning A2 geography in September and I want to know how much harder is it than AS? and how much more work is it? I didn't find As to bad last year and I got an A but I really want to end up with A* at the end of A2 would this be possible? (the A was a low one and only just that's why I ask)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
What exam board are you doing? Am doing edexcel and I got 92% overall an A. I looked into A2 and did some work and it looks soo hard.
Reply 3
Original post by lala121
What exam board are you doing? Am doing edexcel and I got 92% overall an A. I looked into A2 and did some work and it looks soo hard.

I'm on OCR.
Reply 4
Original post by tgwktm
I am beginning A2 geography in September and I want to know how much harder is it than AS? and how much more work is it? I didn't find As to bad last year and I got an A but I really want to end up with A* at the end of A2 would this be possible? (the A was a low one and only just that's why I ask)

90% next year and you've got the A* - its easily possible if you make comprehensive notes from all the core textbooks with reference to the specification, do outside research for unit 4, and think synoptically
Reply 5
its a fair bit tougher (I can only speak for AQA though) - you need to be thinking more synoptically and the essays cover a large proportion of the marks, so its crucial to get it right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending