The Student Room Group

GUYS: What do you think of girls in dresses?

Not long or poofy old fashioned ones, just mid thigh ones? Do you think it's attractive/feminine, or is it too "dressy"/frumpy?

Also, do you prefer girls to wear jeans or dresses?

Scroll to see replies

Of course we find it attractive when girls where dresses, especially if they have a nice figure :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
shorter the better tbh
very attractive if it's mid to long length, short dresses look a bit trashy imo. but whatever they prefer...
Reply 4
The tighter the better :smile:.

i don't like long dressed too much though. Prefer mid length dresses.
The time I don't prefer women to wear dresses instead of trousers is if they wear leggings with them.
Reply 6
I like a girl in dresses. Find it kinda off-putting when they were dresses with trainers though.
It's not about the dress! It's about what is under:wink:
I love wearing dresses, I don't want to give them up. It is never to late to wear a sundress :yep:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AreebWithaHat
very attractive if it's mid to long length, short dresses look a bit trashy imo. but whatever they prefer...

What is this ****ery? I agree with you :eek:
Doesn't make much difference to me to be honest but I do think that girls in dresses are often a lot prettier than those in trousers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What is this ****ery? I agree with you :eek:

Really?! I was actually anticipating you replying to me and saying I'm a **** for calling girls trashy just because of what they wear :redface:

Are you sure you're feeling ok Tyrion? :wink:
Original post by AreebWithaHat
Really?! I was actually anticipating you replying to me and saying I'm a **** for calling girls trashy just because of what they wear :redface:

Are you sure you're feeling ok Tyrion? :wink:

Oh no, I really hate short dresses and only wear knee length or below myself. I think they look trashy. I just think a girl can wear what she wants and doesn't deserve to be assaulted for it, I can still think it looks ugly :tongue:

Maybe it's spending too much time in the fitness sec :wink:
Reply 13
Why on earth does this matter...
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Oh no, I really hate short dresses and only wear knee length or below myself. I think they look trashy. I just think a girl can wear what she wants and doesn't deserve to be assaulted for it, I can still think it looks ugly :tongue:

Maybe it's spending too much time in the fitness sec :wink:

Quick, get back to the relationships section before you become sexist and bitter like me!

Save yourself!!
Original post by IlexBlue

Because OP wants to know what others would think of her for wearing a dress and like it or not, we all care about how others perceive us.
Well if you must ask it is seen as attractive and flattering to us males, having mentioned this there are some cons to the garment.

As you added it is quite short which leaves the wearer vulnerable to rapists and can invite sexual harrassment from others, that is why I would advise/recommend those applicable to wear it.

Original post by All-rounder
Doesn't make much difference to me to be honest but I do think that girls in dresses are often a lot prettier than those in trousers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does it not, a floral dress does not catch your attention compared to a dull boyish jogging bottoms?

Agree with second point but like mentioned it has more risks depending on the context.

Original post by IlexBlue

It is a query that has the right to be discussed for your benefit
wear them with leggings and some over the thigh boots

yum
I wear one or two sundresses occasionally, mostly jumper-dresses with leggings or tights and cycle shorts. I have 2 very long Hell Bunny dresses that only come out on occasions. Sometimes a dress feels like overdressing lol. Compared to jeans, I mean.

I thought my parents would be happy that the sorts of dresses I LOVE the most are not short or sexy enough to attract the attention of men. But no, they simply think I look like jailbait and it's disgusting :/

Why do you guys think? This one is new. I treat myself to a big dress like this yearly.

Original post by Little Wolf Taima
I wear one or two sundresses occasionally, mostly jumper-dresses with leggings or tights and cycle shorts. I have 2 very long Hell Bunny dresses that only come out on occasions. Sometimes a dress feels like overdressing lol. Compared to jeans, I mean.

I thought my parents would be happy that the sorts of dresses I LOVE the most are not short or sexy enough to attract the attention of men. But no, they simply think I look like jailbait and it's disgusting :/

Why do you guys think? This one is new. I treat myself to a big dress like this yearly.

I'm sorry but that is absolutely ****ing hideous.

Quick Reply