The Student Room Group

University Applicants / Students

I am currently very worried about my A/S exam results and was wondering if any people who have applied / got in to University could past their A/S grades and their final A-level grades along with the University they are / have applied to attend.

This is not a poll or anything like that, it's just me wanting to know how bad the situation is if my results are as shockingly bad as I am predicting.
If you do really badly at AS, you can decline your grades, and the uni's you apply to do not need to know what you got, so you can improve your grades by re sitting and they will be none the wiser...

I got AABD at AS, declined the D, and am now hopefully on course for AABB at A2. I have applied to do geography at birmingham, and need BBB to get in.

Saying that, I should be probably be revising now for my exam tomorrow...
hi, im currently doing my a2's and althought i did ok in my as's some of my mates did awful. but it hasnt stoped them getting offers from uni's. and they dont discriminate if u resit in jan. i wouldnt worry thou,theres notinhing u can do about it now!

love Katy***
Reply 3
I keep telling myself that Katy, but when your best grade is probably gonna come in MATHS!!! I can help but worry.

Another question I forgot to ask.... When you apply to a University, I know that they don't ask for the AS grades you have got but if they make you a conditional offer, is it based on what you get in your full A-level?
the conditional offer, could be one of 3 things

1) points. ie, we will have you if you get 240 points.
2) points including grades. ie, we will have you if you get 240 points including 2 a-level grades "B". (can sometimes specify subjects that u need to get B in)
3) grades. ie. we will have you if you get 3 "A" 's at a-level (thats my offer :frown:, which im not gonna get!)

and they do ask for your as results when u apply, but they can see if your resititng them or keeping the grade. so if your not happy with your grade, they konw you can achieve better and were just going through a "rough" patch.

love Katy ***
Reply 5
hey ,
got AAAAB is AS , and now i think i will get AAAB . i dropped music cos i didnt like it .

got offer from cambridge and nottingham. AAB to do maths (need step 2 and 3 to do maths at cam as well). already got A in maths . looks like i will get A in further maths and looks like ill get an A in physic not sure . B will do. dont care about chem. find it really ahrd and boring . but B or C is the predicted.
I got AAB at AS, hopefully gonna get the same this year, though I only need BBB for Comp Sci at Birmingham.

Latest

Trending

Trending