The Student Room Group

My AS grades where not what I wanted, what should I do?

I want to go to Newcastle Uni next year and study Chemistry (course F100). I might change course later, which I asked about on the open day and they said I could change to a year abroad or the MChem course if I wanted within the first two years, but the entry requirements are ABB.

I got B is Psychology, C in mathematics, C in Chemistry and just a C in Biology. I really thought I'd done well but the exams were too easy now I look back and I don't know what happened. I've drop Biology because it was my lowest grade and I never really enjoyed it too much compared to the others.

Anyway, I'm doing A2 next year and I don't know how much to resit. I'm not resitting any of Psychology because it is the WJEC board and it's a memory game and I can't remember all that information on top of the A2 stuff I have to remember.

Chemistry is the OCR A board, which in the first exam I got a D (I had some stuff going on at the time) and a C this summer in the second exam. I didn't resit the first because my teacher said don't, but I wish I had because it was really easy and would have taken the load off next year. Should I resit both or just the first?

Maths is Edexcel, C1 was a B (not resitting that), C2 was a C (might resit it) and S1 was a D. I really struggle with Stats though I just can't get my head around it and I can't do any of it. I revise it and did a mock with confidence and got an E :/

So next year I'm going to have seven exams at least, what should I resit in order to improve my chances of going to Newcastle Uni. And what other Uni which has lower entry requirements would you recommend I apply for too?

Thank you very much for your help in advance (:
Reply 1
It is possible to get an A in you psychology but you have to work extra hard next year, as for the others, the maximum you can get is a B (I think double check) but you can meet the reqs if you study really hard next year.

But if you want easy unis to get into (try to get into good ones though!)
University of east London
Liverpool Hope
UWS, univeristy of west of scotland,

Anyway good luck!

I got BCDE.

Yeah, that bad. And I was predicted AABB.

I guess I am going to have to resit, and prepare even more and work harder this year.

You can do it, don't worry. :smile:
Have you spoken to your tutors? They have been through this every year with their pupils so they will be able to help you and advise on what would be the best thing to do. If you found Chemistry easier then I would say resit both, and maybe the D in the Maths because they will help to bump up your overall grades when you do well next year. I am a graduate now but a I know a lot of people that did resits at college to get into the uni of their dreams, and the general feeling is that it is easier in your second year simply because A2 is a big jump in a lot of subjects from AS so things can sometimes make a lot more sense :smile:

Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending