The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Would I be able to change course?

So I currently hold a place to study Law at SOAS but having looked at their History course I think I'm much more interested in it. Would they allow me to change the course?
I will call them tomorrow but I just sort of want some reassurance so I can sleep in peace.

btw I don't want to defer my entry for 2014, thats a massive no no.
Reply 1
bump
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
bump
Original post by HK786
bump

Nobody on here can answer this. It's entirely up to SOAS and whether they are full or if anyone drops out or if they have a policy on it. You can only ask them.
Reply 4
Seems unlikely - you left it a bit late and History is no longer in Clearing. But ask them anyway.

http://search.ucas.com/search/results?Query=History&ProviderQuery=SOAS&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&page=1&providerids=2161
Reply 5
Original post by Picaa
Seems unlikely - you left it a bit late and History is no longer in Clearing. But ask them anyway.

http://search.ucas.com/search/results?Query=History&ProviderQuery=SOAS&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&page=1&providerids=2161

but since I'm already a student there (starting in september) surely the clearing list won't apply to me right. After all they have systems in place to allow current students to transfer course.
Reply 6
I think you have a good chance. History and Law are similar, which they'll take into account.

I have loads of friends who changed courses weeks into their course which is a good sign, and that was at a top UK university.
Original post by HK786
but since I'm already a student there (starting in september) surely the clearing list won't apply to me right. After all they have systems in place to allow current students to transfer course.

It says you posted this 1 day ago, didn't you call them?
Clearing is for courses that aren't full and if it's no longer available on clearing then I'd assume that the course is full. I could be entirely wrong, I've never tried changing my course, but the way I see it is that just because you're in the same room it doesn't mean you can sit on the table that has all of the seats taken.
Original post by sliceofcake
Clearing is for courses that aren't full and if it's no longer available on clearing then I'd assume that the course is full. I could be entirely wrong, I've never tried changing my course, but the way I see it is that just because you're in the same room it doesn't mean you can sit on the table that has all of the seats taken.
Rep for a nice use of metaphor.:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by sliceofcake

since it's a big decision i'll wait the weekend. Since clearing places are gone waiting 2 more days I hope won't make a big difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending