The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Applicants Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by paddymorrison96
Hey new to this thread but been following closley! Anyone else applying for the awesome History and ... or any other history ESC subjects ? Just got me offer today though there doesn't seem to be trends with SOAS ! cheers

What are your predicted grades?
And what's your offer?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Hey new to this thread but been following closely ! Got an offer for the awesome History and ... Course today, sent my application back in October anyone else applied for history ???! X
Original post by BenazirR
What are your predicted grades?<br />
And what's your offer?
<br />
<br />

Original post by BenazirR
What are your predicted grades?<br />
And what's your offer?
<br />
<br />

Got an offer of AAB and my predicted are AAB
Reply 63
And what are the entry requirements? Congratulations though!!!! :biggrin: You must be really happy!!
Reply 64
Hey new to this thread but been following closely ! Got an offer for the awesome History and ... Course today, sent my application back in October anyone else applied for history ???! X

Hi! I applied for History as well! I sent in my application 2 weeks ago and am anxiously waiting for offers...Do you think SOAS will get back to me soon? I hear their administration is a bit slow...
<br />
<br />

<br />
<br />

Got an offer of AAB and my predicted are AAB

Well done, our first offer from SOAS on TSR by the looks of it!
Reply 66
finally got an email from SOAS....
Hey new to this thread but been following closley! Anyone else applying for the awesome History and ... or any other history ESC subjects ? Just got me offer today though there doesn't seem to be trends with SOAS ! cheers

Yeah I have applied for Japanese and history and sent my application on Wednesday and have received an acknowledgment so far :tongue:
Reply 68
Man can't believe 3 years came and went. I used to be here ages ago.

Word of advice to all future SOASians, go to the cafeteria every single day. Hands down they have the most delicious food for the most reasonable prices anywhere in London. Can't believe I only started going there in my final year.
Original post by frunkz
Hi! I applied for History as well! I sent in my application 2 weeks ago and am anxiously waiting for offers...Do you think SOAS will get back to me soon? I hear their administration is a bit slow...

That's exactly what I've heard as well, was surprised when my offer came through to be honest heard So as can take up till March to reply ! Hope you here soon anyway is Soas your first choice !? X
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Well done, our first offer from SOAS on TSR by the looks of it!

Thank you! Can't believe how small this thread is though ! X
Reply 71
So there is two of us now. It's not a crowd, but it's better than no offers at all :smile: I received mine around 21st of November.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by monikamgm
So there is two of us now. It's not a crowd, but it's better than no offers at all :smile: I received mine around 27th of November.

Congratulations :biggrin: what course? What are the entry requirements? What are your predicted?
Reply 73
I already replied earlier to this question, but okay. Economics BSc, EU student :smile:
Reply 74
Oh yeah, you have. I've asked you the same question like 3 times. I'm so sorry :P but congratulations. :smile:
Yay I got an offer a few days a go for Economics and Politics! IB EU student :smile:) (applied for oct deadline)
Original post by james_yoshi
Yeah I have applied for Japanese and history and sent my application on Wednesday and have received an acknowledgment so far :tongue:

Ayyyy! I'm currently in my first year of that exact course :wink:

What units are people who are doing History thinking of doing?
Reply 77
Course - Chinese ( Classical & Modern )
Requirements - AAB

I'm currently on second year studying Business but absolutely hate it ( need to stick it out till May just for the loan aha ). Really hope I get into SAOS...

Anyone had replied yet?
Reply 78
I'm submitting my application in the next few weeks and I'm sooo nervous about getting an offer or not :redface:

Course: Economics and Korean, Politics and Korean
Entry requirements: 38
Predictions: We're not allowed to know..(stupid school policy) but I'm guessing 7 7 6 for HL
Also applying to: LSE, Manchester and Queen Mary
Reply 79
I haven't even received my confirmation email??? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending