The Student Room Group

MA History of Art- 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by PutTheArtInParty
how late did you apply/when did you submit your application? just wondering what your turnaround time for a decision was. thanks!

I applied in late-Feb and was notified by March 7. I think the quick turn around time is due to the fact that I met my supervisor at a conference and had my interview in person before I submitted all my application materials?
Reply 81
Hello!
I have offers from UCL for the MA History of Art and from the University of Edinburgh for Modern and Contemporary Art: History, Curating and Criticism MSc. I was wondering if anyone has taken either of these courses and if someone could provide general information about the courses, universities and cities of the respective courses?
Any information would be great! :smile:
got an offer for Documentary Reborn - anyone else doing that?

Have to decide between The Courtauld and UCL now...
i'm currently a student at Warwick and as a life experience i would highly recommend the Venice term. Particularly if you are looking into Italian Art, as the access to archives & libraries in the city is incredibly helpful. The department's quite small though but I guess that's the same for most of these places
Reply 84
Has anyone received a welcome pack from the Courtauld yet? In the email they said it should be sent out in May, but I haven't got mine yet...
Original post by gwlb20
Has anyone received a welcome pack from the Courtauld yet? In the email they said it should be sent out in May, but I haven't got mine yet...

I haven't received my Courtuald welcome pack either and was wondering about this too.

The school confirmed receipt of my deposit via email, but I didn't get anything in the mail. Just looked it up from their admissions offer email -

Welcome Packs will be sent before the end of May to applicants who have accepted their offers.

So, I guess they've still got a week.

Original post by gwlb20

all I know is that they are being sent via email instead of the post, so could be anytime!
Reply 87
Original post by ladybirdspots
all I know is that they are being sent via email instead of the post, so could be anytime!

Thanks! Do you think we will get a reading list with the welcome pack?
Reply 88
Hello Guys! I'm an applicant for HoA master 2014/15 as well.

I applied for five schools and so far I got offer from St.Andrews, Birkbeck, SOAS, Warwick and I am waiting for my UCL result- just had my interview last Friday.

Since I'm a student in the US, I don't really know much about the HoA programs in UK. Warwick (Venice stream) and UCL would be my top two choices, and I just can't decide which of these two I should choose…. Any suggestions? Thank you so much guys!

Good luck with all your applications!
Original post by gwlb20
Thanks! Do you think we will get a reading list with the welcome pack?

I received my welcome pack via email 2 days ago. There was a link in the email that takes you to a site with all the information, forms, etc. Reading lists for most of the courses are listed via another link.
Reply 90
Hi there.

Anyone have bad experiences while being interviewed at the Courtauld?
Reply 91
Has anyone heard from male body// masculinity? Results, interviews or otherwise?
Reply 92
Hey, I'm doing the History of Art MA at the Courtauld this september. Does anyone know if there is a website or anything for houseshares or anything? I'd really like to live with other MA students, but I still haven't found anywhere!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest