The Student Room Group

Payment for a twin room?

Looking at the different prices for different types of rooms at Chichester University, I've found a twin room (with shared facilities) for £119.98 per week. The other single rooms are around this price too, so does this mean that this price would be split between myself and my potential flat mate (£69.99 each for this room), or would we each pay the same amount towards this one room?

Also I wanted to know, in a twin room, are there two separate bedrooms, or do you both sleep in the same (slightly larger) room? If this is the case, would there be enough space in a single room with en-suite, which would cost approx. £79.15 each (or are you not allowed this in a
single room)?

I'm really sorry there are so many questions, I just get one into my head and then this creates another two, and the pattern continues (hopefully not indefinitely
:biggrin: )

The costs page I've been looking at.
Reply 1
Original post by tomjay31
Looking at the different prices for different types of rooms at Chichester University, I've found a twin room (with shared facilities) for £119.98 per week. The other single rooms are around this price too, so does this mean that this price would be split between myself and my potential flat mate (£69.99 each for this room), or would we each pay the same amount towards this one room?

Also I wanted to know, in a twin room, are there two separate bedrooms, or do you both sleep in the same (slightly larger) room? If this is the case, would there be enough space in a single room with en-suite, which would cost approx. £79.15 each (or are you not allowed this in a
single room)?

I'm really sorry there are so many questions, I just get one into my head and then this creates another two, and the pattern continues (hopefully not indefinitely
:biggrin: )

The costs page I've been looking at.

a twin room is where there are two beds in the same room. it will specifiy on the university accomodation website if they have any ensuite twin rooms but typically they arent and you share bathroom facilities with others in the flat/corridor.
Reply 2
Yeah, at Chichester, the only twin rooms are the shared ones. I presume you're looking on the Bognor campus, cos the shared rooms are in Longbrook halls. It is literally just two beds in a larger room.
I'm also pretty sure that price is just for you, not shared, because it covers your own use of utilities and your share of food :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest