The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

When do we receive our Student Finance Loan?

Just wanting to organise the payment of my accommodation and was wondering when we do we receive our loan? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by abimariaevans
Just wanting to organise the payment of my accommodation and was wondering when we do we receive our loan? Thanks :smile:

Have you received your confirmation letter from Student Finance? It details when the payments are scheduled.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
In my three years, I was paid on the firts teaching day of each term - the maintenance loan is not given to you in one chunk, but in termly installments. The accommodation office are well aware of this and you can enquire about payment details/plans when you register (i.e. pick up your KentOne ID Card) on arrivals weekend.
Reply 3
I'm getting mine of the first day of my course, if you log in to student finance it should say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Champagne Supernova
In my three years, I was paid on the firts teaching day of each term - the maintenance loan is not given to you in one chunk, but in termly installments. The accommodation office are well aware of this and you can enquire about payment details/plans when you register (i.e. pick up your KentOne ID Card) on arrivals weekend.

What about the maintenance grant? Is that paid in full or in installments with the maintenance loan?
Original post by pipling
What about the maintenance grant? Is that paid in full or in installments with the maintenance loan?

I didn't receive the grant but I can only imagine that it comes in combination with the loan. Sorry I can't be any more helpful!
Reply 6
Original post by Champagne Supernova
I didn't receive the grant but I can only imagine that it comes in combination with the loan. Sorry I can't be any more helpful!

That's okay thanks anyway :smile:
Does anyone know whether it is possible to get payed a few days earlier with maintenance grant??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
It isn't. They pay when they pay I'm afraid. Sometimes you can be lucky and they pay early, but you can't actually alter this.
Reply 9
Original post by abimariaevans

maintenance loan and grant are paid 30/9 20/1 and 12/5 which I believe are the same dates that accom fees are due-just to make sure you dont get a chance to spend it on anything else-ha ha
Reply 10
Original post by joja
maintenance loan and grant are paid 30/9 20/1 and 12/5 which I believe are the same dates that accom fees are due-just to make sure you dont get a chance to spend it on anything else-ha ha

Are these equal installments?
Reply 11
Original post by pipling
Are these equal installments?
yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending