The Student Room Group

Help with maintenance grant

Does anyone know where you find out weather or not you are getting a maintenance grant when you start uni? On the letter i received from student finance it only shows the tuition fee loan which will be paid to my uni, and according to them i will not getting anything. Nowhere does it show anything about the maintenance loan, so does this mean that i'm not getting it? My parents earn under the threshold so i'm a bit confused :confused::confused:

I'm planning on living at home so haven't taken out the maintenance loan but am now thinking of doing so, will this be better?
Reply 1
If you haven't applied for one you won't get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Paralove
If you haven't applied for one you won't get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did apply for it, i just haven't been told if i'm actually getting it or not
Reply 3
Original post by Tom808
I did apply for it, i just haven't been told if i'm actually getting it or not

When did you apply? They usually approve applications without income assessment at first, then they follow it up once this is complete. You will receive an updated finance breakdown when this has been done (which will show you the grants you will be getting). If you are still unsure, you should contact student finance just in case.
You can only get a grant without a loan by asking for a loan of £0. Did you do this?
Reply 5
Original post by balotelli12
You can only get a grant without a loan by asking for a loan of £0. Did you do this?

Yes it currently says i will receive £0 since i chose not to take out the maintenance loan, so does this mean that i will get the grant?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending