The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it depends what subject you're talking about. both are great uni's (i'm off to bath hopefully) and you can't go wrong with either of them. baths work placement scheme is a very good idea though and i think the area is a lot nicer, but obviously i'm biased... :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
italianmark
which is better?

Warwick, I'd say.
Reply 3
VoodooDoll
it depends what subject you're talking about. both are great uni's (i'm off to bath hopefully) and you can't go wrong with either of them. baths work placement scheme is a very good idea though and i think the area is a lot nicer, but obviously i'm biased... :biggrin:

yeah its gonna be quite a hard decision, its for modern languages, i have a friend who has to choose between them as well; both seemed to have good work placement schemes and def think bath area is nicer, but most think that warwick is slightly more prestigious? what grades do bath want?they want ABB compared to BBB for warwick for me
Reply 4
italianmark
yeah its gonna be quite a hard decision, its for modern languages, i have a friend who has to choose between them as well; both seemed to have good work placement schemes and def think bath area is nicer, but most think that warwick is slightly more prestigious? what grades do bath want?they want ABB compared to BBB for warwick for me

well, bath want AAAB from me for psychology which is more than my other offers from durham, st andrews, edinburgh and newcastle. christ, i know people going to oxbridge with lower offers, but the psych course ther is really good so i'm just going to work my arse off this year and keep my fingers crossed.

i think rep wise both are rather similar. maybe warwick is more prestigious fo some finance based subjects, but for my course i'd say bath is definately better. to be honest you can't really go wrong with either so go and visit them and base your decision on the one you like the best.
Reply 5
really

bath wants AAAA from me for Econs

but got damnly rejected by warwick !!
Reply 6
Warwick. Although Bath is a good uni, it does not have the 'spark' that Warwick has.
at least bath is in a city.......................=social life off the campus that doesnt require a stupid amount in taxi fares
italianmark
i have a friend who has to choose between them as well;

Ahem.......Hello

Even though I really liked Bath I think I'll probably still choose Warwick; but my offer still has not come through UCAS yet, and I am starting to get very worried...
Reply 9
italianmark
which is better?

Ofcoure, Warwick.
Reply 10
Warwick! 1. because i'm there at the moment, and 2. because Bath rejected me... bah humbug
Reply 11
Bath, because I go here.

I'd have to admit that Warwick has more prestige (in general).

Do you want to base your Uni decision on prestige, or course content and surroundings?
Reply 12
ReturnofGnostic
Even my dead cat has more prestige than Bath. But to a more important topic - I havn't "seen" you about here for some time. How's my favourite bitch doing? Did you know that they banned my previous ID because I wrote “going to Thames Valley University, Birmingham University or UCL is a bit like taking part in the paralympics even if you do well you’re still a spastic”. Unbelievable.

That sounds unreasonable. :rolleyes:

As for my "absence" - I've been having a life. e.g. going out, doing work.
Reply 13
ReturnofGnostic
Even my dead cat has more prestige than Bath.

Very funny.
Reply 14
Winifred
Very funny.

No it isn't. It's something a child would say.
Reply 15
italianmark
which is better?

hey, i've kinda decided Warwick now........cos for business, it is def more prestigious than bath, even though bath has placement year......% of graduates being employed when they leave warwick is higher than bath.......and internationally, warwick is more renowned which i think gives it a bonus! so there u go.......i've finally chosen....lol
Reply 16
wonkey
hey, i've kinda decided Warwick now........cos for business, it is def more prestigious than bath, even though bath has placement year......% of graduates being employed when they leave warwick is higher than bath.......and internationally, warwick is more renowned which i think gives it a bonus! so there u go.......i've finally chosen....lol

lol, well done, i havnt!
Reply 17
italianmark
lol, well done, i havnt!

lol yeah i know, wot an achievement! come warwick.....u won't regret it!
Reply 18
warwick's business school is wayyyyy better than baths.Infact, warwick's business school isone of the best in europe.I think in general warwick is better than bath too. Warwick is emerging to be one of the best universities in europe
Reply 19
TheWolf
warwick's business school is wayyyyy better than baths.Infact, warwick's business school isone of the best in europe.I think in general warwick is better than bath too. Warwick is emerging to be one of the best universities in europe

yep :smile:

Latest