The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Economics 2014 Applicants

Ask all your Oxford Postgraduate economics questions here. Share GRE scores etc. and where else you are applying.
Reply 1
I'll start.

I'm considering applying to Oxford (MPhil Economics), UCL (MSc Economics), Cambridge (MPhil Economics), LSE (MSc Economics, not sure which course length yet). Those are the top unis I'm thinking of. I'm also thinking of York and Warwick as safety nets. If anyone has a good idea for 'safety nets' maybe share them.

I did my GRE and got 64Q, 57V, 4.5AW. Slightly disappointed (god knows what happened on test day) so I think I'll retake. What do you guys think?

I study maths and economics at Durham and I'm comfortably on track for a first. I did only score a 2:1 in my first year though- do you reckon this will jeopardise things? My maths modules were Calculus and Probability I, Linear Algebra I, Dynamics and Problem Solving I, Complex Analysis II, Analysis in Many Variables II, Statistical Concepts II, Decision Theory III and Analysis III.

I did voluntary work experience for three months at an economic think tank this summer- not sure what they'll make of that.

So that's me pretty much. Would be great to see who I'm up against!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending