The Student Room Group

Uni students how many days a week do you attend university

I will be starting a degree in Business Management in September
Last year three days a week. This year possibly less. However I study English and therefore most of my time is spent in the library reading.
Reply 2
1st year: 4days. 2nd year, all 5days :frown:. Saying that though, I could have skipped Wednesday both years as its simply lab work but then I'd have to catch up on it in my own time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
{}
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
It really depends on your university and their policies. Many universities give you a sports day, or sports afternoon. Thus, I am pretty much always free on a Wednesday (as are the rest of the university, aside from the occasional lab or tutorial).

You might be in for just a couple of days, or in for a few hours each and every day. It really just depends. This year I am in 4 days a week, but I average just over 3 hours each of those days (and not as many 9am starts as last year) for engineering. Last year seemed harsher, but I imagine more will be added to my timetable soon.
Reply 5
Doing mathematics and physics I'm in everyday, averaging 3-4 hours a day last year and this year 5-6 hours a day.
It totally depends on your course type/university. I do Fine Art at university, and whilst we have very low compulsory contact time (it averages at about eight hours a week), we are actually expected to be in the building every day for at least six-seven hours.

EDIT: Why on earth was this negged? I was merely telling them of my own experiences, pretty sure there is nothing negative here... O.o
(edited 10 years ago)
It varies each semester for me, but it's always been 3 or 4 days a week for me (social science student)
First year I attended 3 days a week, second year was 2 days (sometimes just 1!) and for my third year it will be back up to 3 days again. I study psychology; the contact time has varied from 9-11 hours a week so I'm not in that much really!
Doing Biology, I was in 5 days last year & will be going in 4 days this year
When I studied a business related course I was in 4 days per week, 2 full days, 2 half days.

I'm doing Law now and am in lectures for 3 hours per day, 3 days per week.
Reply 11
Just contact time: 5.
All days I'm actually in the maths department working: 5-7, usually 6-7.
3 days in second year, but was doing 5 closer to deadlines

Quick Reply

Latest