The Student Room Group

Doing a engineering foundation year degree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by exam freak
is it harder then A levels or what?

I am applying for MPhys Physics with Nanotechnology (with foundation year) at Southampton to start next September. I went to an open day and sat through a lecture by one of the students who had just finished the course and another by the head of the course. We were told if you put the effort in you are extremely likely to pass, but to expect a lot of hard work.
Reply 21
Original post by JuliusDS92
Well I was progressing onto physics so the pass mark was 75%. I did get through but ended up transferring to Edinburgh for tuition fee reasons (my family lives in Scotland).

Is 60% hard to achieve? It depends on how academically capable you are. If you take it seriously (i.e. go to lectures, pay attention) and work in your own time it's definitely achievable. But don't go into it with the mindset that it will just be an "easy year".

Thanks alot for the information mate i will be studying hard and going on to first year chem eng after this thanks bro :smile:
Original post by BTECbasher
Thanks alot for the information mate i will be studying hard and going on to first year chem eng after this thanks bro :smile:

Cool, good luck :smile:
Original post by JuliusDS92
Cool, good luck :smile:

I know this thread is quite old but I was wondering what kind of grades people achieved that did the foundation year...my offer is BBC in M,P and FM. What is the likelihood I'll be accepted ABcDE or BBcDE (Physics, Maths, English lit, Bio and further maths respectively)
I know you can't say for sure but some insight would be nice...thank you

Quick Reply

Latest