The Student Room Group

High heels for men?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shayshay95
Well that's great for back then, but as of 2013, my opinion is that men should not wear heels. I don't recall saying that men can't wear certain colours...

Well that's what makes you ignorant and reductive. As the same attitude you have to men wearing heels, was the attitude of many towards men wearing pink, hence I referenced it.
Original post by russellsteapot
They're not something I'd wear myself, but I don't see much of an issue with them. They look far less silly than most things I see in the library at uni, so it isn't something I'd criticise someone for wearing.

The ones in the first picture do look like womens' boots but the model really doesn't help their masculinity because he looks like a young girl. They would probably be 'socially viewed' more as cross-dressing (which is fine if someone wants to do it, but by making this thread you don't strike me as a cross-dresser).

Meh, I'm quite skinny anyway and idc about masculinity, so I think they might suit me. But they look a bit too tall; idk how I'll walk in them. They don't look too bad on the model though.

Original post by russellsteapot
I think cuban heels can look quite good, if you google that term rather than high heels you'll find quite a range.

Ooh. I just looked them up, they look great. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Hopple
High heels are for riding horses (read up on them if you don't believe me), and people who don't mind risking injuring their ankles and calves (other stuff too). Thus the norm should be not to wear them and I see no reason why that should change. If a guy wants to wear them that's fine, but don't try and push them on me as normal or sensible.

If you're focusing on pain, then surely the norm should be for females to not wear them either as they are exposed to the same risk of injuries?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Why not? Own the whole Rocky Horror look

Beat me to it! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by SonicTheHedgehog
If you're focusing on pain, then surely the norm should be for females to not wear them either as they are exposed to the same risk if injuries?

Indeed it should be. But the fashion industry makes billions from making women feel insecure about all sorts of things then selling them 'relief', and high heels are within that.
Reply 25
I thought you meant more like ladies' heels style.

Either way, I don't think there's anything wrong with men wearing heels. They're an item we've assigned a gender to almost at random - If women can wear heels, why can't men?

(As a personal aside, I actually don't really like heels on either sex, since they create an unnatural foot shape.)
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't like them, but that may be because I'm not used to it. Just looks a bit odd. If I saw people in the town centre wearing different styles with jeans or whatever I may like them in that context
Not really my thing but whatever floats their boat I suppose.
Bumping for more responses.
I think it looks ridiculous. Not masculine and similar to a guy wearing a dress, or ugg boots.
the first ones are a little too high for my liking and while i think men should be able to wear whatever they like i dont think i'd be endeared to them and i wouldn't really like their look, not that its really any of my business.
the second ones dont look too bad..
Reply 32
I have always worn female high-heeled shoes in the bedroom with my wife. They are a big turn on though I am a widower they still give me a thrill as a fetishist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending