The Student Room Group

Can I retake my GCSE Maths without studying?

To cut a long story short I retook my gcse maths at an adult college last year and got 10 marks short of an A.

I needed the A. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to not have to study through the year and sit the exam somewhere? Is that possible? It would be alot more beneficial to me to do it that way.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by CuttyLad
To cut a long story short I retook my gcse maths at an adult college last year and got 10 marks short of an A.

I needed the A. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to not have to study through the year and sit the exam somewhere? Is that possible? It would be alot more beneficial to me to do it that way.

Just find a centre that is willing to take you as an external candidate and pay the money. You might have to ring around a bit to find one, as there seems to be a shortage at the moment from what I read on another thread, but it's a very common thing to do.
Reply 2
Original post by CuttyLad

Carnationlilyrose's advice is good. There are 2 chances to take Maths - in November (entry deadline with the exam board 4 October) or the summer (entry deadline 21 February). Since you have covered the work already, you may want to try and find a centre that will accept you for November, in which case get looking asap as they will want to make their entries before the exam board deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending