The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

IT networking at Lancaster - Skype etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I created the new password and received the confirmation email telling me to log in with my new details, but it says they are invalid. When I try to log in with the original email address and set password, it takes me to the congratulatory page and tells me to log out and log back in with the new details. I'll get on to the ISS Service Desk.
(edited 10 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by CarlL
I created the new password and received the confirmation email telling me to log in with my new details, but it says they are invalid. When I try to log in with the original email address and set password, it takes me to the congratulatory page and tells me to log out and log back in with the new details. I'll get on to the ISS Service Desk.

Same problem here, I was starting to worry I'd put a password in that I'd forgotten
Weird thing is, I was able to login with the uni username and password yesterday even though I got the error when setting up the password :s
Reply 22
Original post by DFarrell
Same problem here, I was starting to worry I'd put a password in that I'd forgotten
Weird thing is, I was able to login with the uni username and password yesterday even though I got the error when setting up the password :s

Im having the exact same issue as you two, but i know that the password i'm typing in is the correct password. :/

called up the service desk and the woman on the line wasn't sure of the issue, but she says shes logged the issue and will get back on it as soon as possible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by MMAGuy
Im having the exact same issue as you two, but i know that the password i'm typing in is the correct password. :/

called up the service desk and the woman on the line wasn't sure of the issue, but she says shes logged the issue and will get back on it as soon as possible.

Mines all working now, logged in using my e-mail and the password they first sent me, and it asked me yet again to set the password for my uni account. Logged out and now it lets me log in with my new username and password.
Reply 24
Original post by DFarrell
Mines all working now, logged in using my e-mail and the password they first sent me, and it asked me yet again to set the password for my uni account. Logged out and now it lets me log in with my new username and password.

Mine is working now as well. It wouldn't let me set the password I had previously tried, so if anyone is still having issues try setting a different one.
Reply 25
I was only asking about internet services etc. I never imagined there would be problems just logging on :eek:
Reply 26
Original post by CarlL
Mine is working now as well. It wouldn't let me set the password I had previously tried, so if anyone is still having issues try setting a different one.

again, xD exact same issue, its all working now though, just hope I don't forget this new password xD
Reply 27
Does anyone know if there's any way of telling whether your laptop has been validated for ResNet? Do you get sent an email or something confirming it? I ran through the whole process the other week and haven't heard anything back...

I'm kind of wondering whether it's actually worked or not :s-smilie:
Reply 28
The whole password thing took a phone call to ISS to sort out - they just reset it and it worked fine after that.

Connecting the laptop to the wired network was fine (although there is a bit of messing about with 'validation'), and also connecting to Eduroam was fairly straightforward using the standard documentation they provide (http://lancasteranswers.lancs.ac.uk/portal/app/portlets/results/viewsolution.jsp?solutionid=130613114532764&SToken=E96971F6AA2D4070EA2673EAB75E2C9C).

Connecting the phone (Galaxy S3 mini) to eduroam seemed to be more complicated. At the end of it, just using the uni username and password seemed to work. It didn't seem as though all the messing about with certificates was necessary (http://lancasteranswers.lancs.ac.uk/portal/app/portlets/results/viewsolution.jsp?solutionid=120822153149364&isguest=true). Not sure why, but I'm just happy it all works now.

It is a bit of a pain that the ResNet connection is only really via the wired network in the room - it would be nice if that was wireless for the laptop. This is partiulartly so as the printer is wireless, but needs an access point to print wirelessly. I tried to use a mini AP (TP Link 702N - http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Extender-Set-top/dp/B006PYGWG6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) to create a small resnet wireless network in the room, to connect the laptop and printer to. However, it seemed as though this caused the laptop 'validation' to fail. It kept saying that I needed to unplug the network wait for five seconds, then plug it back in, wait for 30 seconds and then try again. Then it just cycled round that. I'm not sure why that was - I'm wondering if the AP was causing some issues with MAC addresses etc. I don't think ISS support or even allow a wireless AP in the rooms, so I don't think there is any point in asking them. So for Resnet and printing it is has to be a wired connection - a bit of a pain, but the rest works, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

Thanks to everyone for their help - despite a slight frustration, it mostly connected fairly easily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending