The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Getting to know you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Here goes:

Proper name: Saima (pronounced Sy-ma everyone seems to get it wrong!)
Nicknames: Saim, Saims, Saimi, Tuna!
Location: Rickmansworth, Herts, Just on the border of NW London
What subject you're going to do and Offer: English Unconditional
Do you think you're going to make your offer? Yup, got it!
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? Meeting new people, campus life, freeeeeedom!
...and Least? maybe missing home a bit
What accomodation are you thinking of and why? Butler Court, it's near the English Dept and self catered (I'm a bit of a fussy eater!)
What are you going to do on the first day? Say hi to loads of people!
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? It's an excellent uni and I really liked the atmosphere when I visited, and it's not too far from home.
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? My boyfriend is there but that's not the only reason I'm going there as people seem to think! Also don't want to be joined to him at the hip! He's introduced me to quite a few of his friends there but I want a social life of my own!
D.O.B: 08/01/1987
Hair colour: almost black
Eye colour: brown
A2 subjects: Fine Art, English Lit, RS (Philosophy and Ethics)
Any brothers/sisters?: 1 brother, 17 soon
Any pets: 1 cat, furry and white at roots and brown at tips
Fave band/artist: liking the Kooks at the mo
Fave song: tooo many, can't have one in particular, depends on my mood
Fave TV show: err, The OC, ER, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Home and Away, Big Brother
Fave film: um... Almost Famous, Closer, Pirates, Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Fave hobby: um! these are hard, hobbies, I like painting and drawing, bit of sewing etc. I don't think going out dancing with the girls counts as a hobby!
Fave colour: don't have one either, depends on how I feel
Fave food: Tuna sandwiches, chips, sushi
Fave sport:I like the girly sports, gymnastics and ice skating.
Which football team do you support?: Watford!!!!!
Fave non-alcoholic drink: Water
Fave alcoholic drink: vodka + mixer
How often do you drink? not very often as I seem to be the designated driver constantly!
Do you smoke? nope, never have never will, why pay to kill yourself?
Can you play an instrument?: I can play the piano a bit
Can you speak a foreign language?: French! Bonjour!
What makes you happy?: being with my friends, buying a new outfit, funny movies, good food, the people I love being happy and healthy
What's your pet hate? smoking, people who follow the crowd
Describe yourself in 5 words: opinionated, friendly, loyal, honest, thinker
Anything else you want to say... Can't wait til uni! Good luck!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
hey. i like argh yawn yawn.........
Reply 22
Proper name: Daniel Hutchinson
Nicknames: "Hutch"
What subject you're going to do and Offer: 2nd Year Mechanical Engeering
Do you think you're going to make your offer? I did, last year
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? Twas freasher last year. But this year, our new house (and freshers again)
...and Least? Nothing really!! Other than work? No, serously, nothing.
What accomodation are you thinking of and why?Did a year in lovly cayley last year. In George street this year.
What are you going to do on the first day? Check out the new houseage! And say hi to all my mates again!!!
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? Loved it from the openday onwards. And the promise of a good "hangs on" practical-based coarse.
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? All my frends from last year, bar one who didnt make the grades!! Also e_clark!
D.O.B: 26th MAY 1987
Hair colour: Brown
Eye colour: Bluw
A2 subjects:DT Product Design (A), Maths (B), Phyiscs (B)
Any brothers/sisters?: One younger brother(13) and sister(15)
Any pets: One dog till last year, just the hampster now... :frown:
Fave band/artist: Atm having a bit of a Queen of the stonage moment, and i a bit of skapunk, but just about anything good!
Fave song: Pass - There too many!!
Fave TV show: TopGear? ScrapHeapChallenge? Not a great TV person tho!
Fave film: Team America, or Freddy got Fingered!
Fave hobby: Messing with engines and stuff, biking and rc cars!
Fave colour: Dark Blue or purpley
Fave food: Chocolate covered Marzipan. (yeah i know, im "diffrent"...)
Fave sport: Sailing i guess
Which football team do you support?: None really, but if any, bolton.
Fave non-alcoholic drink:Banana Milk shake (made with bananas, and milk, and nothing else!)
Fave alcoholic drink: Cool pint of larger. :yy:
How often do you drink? Fairly, but usually in moderation!
Do you smoke? No. Never. (although it dam tempting at times)
Can you play an instrument?: Fraid not, keep meaning to learn bass guiter, but havnt yet...
Can you speak a foreign language?: NO, not even GCSE Frence :redface: (sorry)
What makes you happy?: Being with friends and family, doing funny stuff, etc.
What's your pet hate? People who have 4*4s and have never beein offroad in there life (also "When people conform to easily!" is a good one)
Describe yourself in 5 words:Friendly, Interesting, Shy, and a little Mad!
Anything else you want to say... If you want to talk to me, msn me! SEE YOU ALL AT LUFBRA!!

Daniel
Reply 23
Proper name: Sarah
Nicknames: Chicken, Mole and about a million others (not all animal related, mind!)
Location: Reading, Berks at the moment, lived in Norwich for the previous 3 years.
What subject you're going to do and Offer: MSc Analytical Chemistry and Environmental Science. Conditional on a 2.2.
Do you think you're going to make your offer? Already did!
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? It's somewhere new and exciting, and hopefully even better than my previous uni!
...and Least? The lack of gigs in the students union...
What accomodation are you thinking of and why? The Holt cos it's the only ensuite on for postgrads, and I hate having to take all my stuff to the shower each morning and would rather just leave it in my own bathroom!
What are you going to do on the first day? Hopefully meet some cool people and head for the bar!
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? For starters it was the only place that does the course I wanted, and was therefore the only place I applied! But I originally had Lufbra as my insurance choice first time round, so I knew I loved the place anyway.
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? Lonesome :frown: Though I know my mum's god-daughter who's been at Lufbra for the past 3 years is staying on to do a PGCE so I kinda will know someone.
D.O.B: 30th June 1985 (so old :frown: )
Eye colour: Blue
A2 subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, General Studies. AS in French. And a BSc (Hons) degree in Chemistry with Analytical Sciences.
Any brothers/sisters?: One brother, aged 18.
Any pets: Nope
Fave band/artist: Too many to choose from! Most things indie I love.
Fave song: Mr Brightside by The Killers.
Fave TV show: Scrubs
Fave film: Oceans Eleven
Fave hobby: Travelling (is that a hobby? If not then reading about exotic places can be my hobby!).
Fave colour: Purple
Fave food: Weird one but...fresh king prawns in garlicky butter. SO nice (don't care what I smell like after :p: )
Fave sport: Swimming or rowing
Which football team do you support?: Reading FC (wooo we're Premiership this year!)
Fave non-alcoholic drink: Orange juice + lemonade.
Fave alcoholic drink: At the moment: Pimms (cos it's summer and I feel posh!). Or Ernest and Julio Galla White Zinfandel Rose wine (yum). Normally: Malibu with either coke or pineapple juice.
How often do you drink? Not often at the moment cos I'm too poor, but a few times a week usually. I'm not really one for binge drinking - much prefer sharing a bottle of wine with friends and just having a natter. And in clubs I can never be arsed to queue at the bar so don't bother drinking much!
Do you smoke? Nope, hate it.
Can you play an instrument?: Used to be able to play the flute.
Can you speak a foreign language?: French to a fairly good standard. Can speak the odd bit of Russian too.
What makes you happy?: Lots of things - sunshine, friends, nice meals out, new clothes (how superficial :rolleyes: )...
What's your pet hate? Bad hygeine (not just personal, like dirty kitchens/bathrooms and stuff. I'm usually the first person to cave and clean up!).
Describe yourself in 5 words: Funny, responsible, sensible, fussy, ambitious.
Anything else you want to say... I wish Lufbra would hurry up and send me my accomodation stuff...
Reply 24
Chicken
[Which football team do you support?: Reading FC (wooo we're Premiership this year!)

I can't believe we (Leyton orient) sold Nicky Shorey to you for £10K. :frown:
Reply 25
Alex Mann
I can't believe we (Leyton orient) sold Nicky Shorey to you for £10K. :frown:

Bargain :wink:
Reply 26
Pssh. We just sold our star 20 year old centre back to Fulham for £1m, and do we spend money yet? Nope, keep the loans and free transfers coming! In 11 years we have spent £40,000 on players. Michael Ballack earns that much in 2 days! Grr.

</rant>
Reply 27
Ahh, off topic, must not join in..

...Sarahs a really nice name tho.

Daniel
Reply 28
Proper name: Andrew Okpako
Nicknames: Andy, Rulezzz
What subject you're going to do and Offer: well i chose MEng Aeronautical Engineering
Do you think you're going to make your offer? met the offer
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? erm, then i looked forward to uni life and stuff now im looking forward to freshers week again
...and Least? studying
What accomodation are you thinking of and why? stayed in falk egg last year, this year moving into a house with 5 other mates
What are you going to do on the first day? chill, trust me cos its work all the way. and get to know some new people help them settle in.
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? cos i just loved the whole campus thing and life looked amazing as well as they did my course. :smile:
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? a mate from college came along. was funny, i asked him what uni did you choose as your firm and guess what he said..... :smile:
D.O.B: 20/10/86
Hair colour: black
Eye colour: brown
A2 subjects: maths, physics and computing
Any brothers/sisters? yep one of each
Any pets: had til 2000( was a dog)
Fave band/artist: erm, switchfoot, the strokes, blink 182, hillsong etc. paul van dyke, dj sammy, and the other amazing trance djs
Fave song: have loads, 7 clouds in one and see his love
Fave TV show: LOST( got to be)
Fave film: 2 fast 2 furious and bad boys 2
Fave hobby: cycling, and squash and table tennis, hehe
Fave colour: green sometimes blue
Fave food: fried rice and chicken, you know it
Fave sport: squash and table tennis
Which football team do you support?: not really a footie fan but Man U
Fave non-alcoholic drink: j20 and shloer(lol)
Fave alcoholic drink: dont drink
How often do you drink? N/A
Do you smoke? nope, cant stand it
Can you play an instrument?: no :frown:, wanna learn how to play a guitar
Can you speak a foreign language?: french( a bit), hausa( a bit too)
What makes you happy?: going out with mates, having a laugh and exploring like
What's your pet hate? when people blatantly ignore blank you for no reason. seriously why? hate it so much
Describe yourself in 5 words: random, shyish, hardworking, fun, patient
Anything else you want to say... good luck lboro fresher wannabes and erm see you there.
Reply 29
Proper name: Sarah Owen
Nicknames: Saz
What subject you're going to do and Offer: Materials Engineering 34 points (IB) 5's for Maths and PhysicsDo you think you're going to make your offer? I didnt make my offer but iv been given a place anyway. Confirmation in the post!
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? Playing Rugby and independence...and Least? missing family and friends terriblyWhat accomodation are you thinking of and why? Catered Faraday my reason is lame. I cant cook and Faraday is one of my fave scientistsWhat are you going to do on the first day? put up photos of my friends
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? I loved it when i visited a year ago.Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? yeah one guy but i dont know him that wellD.O.B: 25 Oct 1987
Hair colour: icky brown
Eye colour: nice brown
A2 subjects: (IB Subjects) English French Maths Physics Economics TOK HistoryAny brothers/sisters?: 1 lil sis
Any pets: 1 doggie
Fave band/artist: changes daily
Fave song:changes daily
Fave TV show: no time 4 tv
Fave film: changes daily
Fave hobby: Rugby and skiing
Fave colour: red/brown
Fave food: sushiFave sport: rugbyWhich football team do you support?: I only support rugby teams Newcastle falconsFave non-alcoholic drink: Apple Juice and Cranberry n raspberryDo you smoke? yup but gonna quit at loughborough coz its too expensive to smoke in the UK
Can you play an instrument?: nope
Can you speak a foreign language?: yup. French
What makes you happy?: pretty much everything. Im happiest when i make someone laugh so hard it hurtsWhat's your pet hate? people walking slowly in corridors and ppl eating my food without asking its sooo rude
Describe yourself in 5 words: quirky extrovert loud friendly smiley
Anything else you want to say...
Reply 30
[QUOTE="frogslegs"]Proper name: Sarah Owen

What subject you're going to do: Materials Engineering
Yay, another sarah, and another engineer!! Just a shame you stuck in Fara-gay! :rolleyes:

Daniel
Reply 31
Sarah (frogslegs), if you don't mind me asking, why do you livew out there? parents work? Do you prefer it to this country? Or I may just be ignorant and you're a French native hehe.
Proper name: James Hollis
Nicknames: Boz
What subject you're going to do and Offer: Unconditional for Science And Engineering Foundation Year and a conditional offer for Architectural Engineering and Design Management
Do you think you're going to make your offer? Not too sure, fingers crossed
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? Making new friends and having a good time
...and Least? No idea how to use a washing machine or on how to cook so need to learn fast..
What accomodation are you thinking of and why? Got a confirmed place at Cayley, looked pretty cool.
What are you going to do on the first day? Meet new neighbours and make my room my own
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? Looked quality and didnt want to be ina big city
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? A few people going this year and some folks who are already there...
D.O.B: 26/04/1987
Eye colour: Green
A2 subjects: Buiness Studies, English Literature and Photography
Any brothers/sisters?: One Sis
Any pets: None
Fave band/artist: Too many to name, any Rock/Emo/Metal....Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, The Used, Alkaline Trio, System of a Down, RATM, Blink 182
Fave song: The Used- Blue and Yellow
Fave TV show: Family Guy or Lost
Fave film: Naked Gun Trilogy, Airplane
Fave hobby: Going to gigs, Sports
Fave colour: Green
Fave food: Chinese
Fave sport: Football or Golf
Which football team do you support?: Aston Villa
Fave non-alcoholic drink: Sprite
Fave alcoholic drink: Beer, Bud fav
How often do you drink? A fair bit, nothing too heavy
Do you smoke? Nope
Can you play an instrument?: Nope
Can you speak a foreign language?: Nope
What makes you happy?: Mates
What's your pet hate? Smoking
Describe yourself in 5 words: I would say that I'm.....
Anything else you want to say... PM me or my MSN addy if you fancy a chat or anything
Reply 33
Oh James, you live not too far away from me!! You're going to LOVE sefs - and the legend that is Uncle Leslie!!

-x-
Thats not far at all, I live in Lapworth actually which is even closer to you.

What puts Uncle Leslie into the legendary status? Is he a good laugh?
Reply 35
Lapworth - family love going to that random posh restaurant there!! Anyway, ah it's hard to describe dear old Leslie... here's an example of the typical email you will expect to receive:

TO SEFS

Would the scum who stole the timetable from my notice board have the
courtesy to replace it today, whilst I am in London.

The group will be the losers if it is not replaced.

L

-x-
Reply 36
Lol, was for James... should stop posting off-topic! Just a copy of an email i was sent by Les Mustoe - who is like the 'head' of SEFS which is the course James is going to do!! - to show what he's like!

-x-
Reply 37
Apple Shampoo

What accomodation are you thinking of and why? Got a confirmed place at Cayley, looked pretty cool.

Cayley rocks. Best hall on campus by far.
- Also, the washing machines are a peice of cake compaired to a normal domestic washer. And even thats not rocket science! Serously, you'll figure it out no problem!
- Although that said, it took steph in out block 10mins to figurer out the reason her cloths where just geting hot, no washed, was becuase she had put them in the dryer!! And that was with her BF helping :rolleyes: .

Daniel
Reply 38
zav
Proper name: Hugh Bunce
Nicknames:h:2 the Bizzle, Bunce, Shaggy
What subject you're going to do and Offer: International Relations BBB

ooo same as me! good luck....i find it 90% mightily boring, 10% reallllly interesting...but the course building is central and the workloads pretty damn easy lol. just emailing my dissertation choice now....it's soooo scary!! if you want any info just ask :biggrin:
Zo x
Reply 39
I had 22hours a week all last year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending