The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Getting to know you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
11Lectures (150 people), 4 Tutorials (30 people) a week, at set times.
- The practicals ontop of that, at random times, often 3/4hours long each, to top up to the average of 22hours.

The obvously coursework, such as weekly mechanics questions and lab reports etc. (supposidly 1h of which for every hour of "contact time" - ie, to add upto our "40hour week")

Daniel
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 41
zav
ouch that does not include seminars though just lectures so maybe we will have about 10 :smile:

you'll have 1 hour a week with your tutor group, 4 hours major lectures then depending on what minors you do it'll probably get pushed to 8-10. i took french which was 2 sessions a week and media which was one, meaning 8 hours a week for me then twice a term a media seminar. you don't choose your minors until the friday when you have you introductory lecture thing, you give in a form and they sort it all out for you. but i'd get thinking vaguely what you want to do, otherwise you'll get there and be all arrrghhhh! hehe.
Zo x
Reply 42
ZoeD
You'll have 1 hour a week with your tutor group...
Ah yes, i didnt do that... :rolleyes:

Daniel
Reply 43
dhutch
Ah yes, i didnt do that... :rolleyes:

Daniel

yeh neither did i after the first 3 weeks.....crazy german lady as i *affectionately* call my tutor didn't inspire our group to learn really...and seeing as we weren't marked on any of it didn't see the point!
Zo x
Reply 44
ZoeD
yeh neither did i after the first 3 weeks.....crazy german lady as i *affectionately* call my tutor didn't inspire our group to learn really...and seeing as we weren't marked on any of it didn't see the point!
Zo x

Hehe!

Ours didnt turn up to our first one, so then i didnt turn upto the next two, so then got a stroppy email, forgot again, got a stroppy phonecall, managed to turn up, saw that she was nice, turned up for the second time the next week, then left it at that for the rest of the year really!

Also in our second sermester they managed to cock-up the timetable, such that she had us down for one time (which we where busy at) and we had her down for antoher time, which she was busy at!
- Further invetigation revealed there was no time we where both not busy, so we left it at that!

Shes quite nice tho, if i had to call her anything *affectionate* it would have to be "crasy mac loving goth lady" Lol :rolleyes:

Daniel
Reply 45
I didn't go to any of mine :biggrin:... Got some interesting emails twice weekly... Fun times!!

-x-
Proper name:Jessica Ayre
Nicknames:Jess, ess, jesicar but i answer t most things
What subject you're going to do and Offer:Silversmithing and jewellery offer a pass
Do you think you're going to make your offer?got 2 distinctions n a merit so im in!!
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough?the place, the people, the course, living away...erm... meetin new people.. duno wot else
...and Least?bein homesick, not fittin in, the debt problem!!!
What accomodation are you thinking of and why?rigg rut cos it looks amazin, iv got a room there!!
What are you going to do on the first day?get my key, unpack, probably cry, wedge my door open, try n work out how t work my laptop n go and find other people
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm?loved it!
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome?Esmoo and some others that i dont no as well
D.O.B:13/11/1987 yes it was a friday!
Hair colour:blonde
Eye colour:blue
A2 subjects:did a btec
Any brothers/sisters?:1 of each both older, both pick on me!! sister, brother then me
Any pets:2 dogs and some fish but i want a hamster!
Fave band/artist:too hard loads of em
Fave song:again too hard loads of em absolutely love music!
Fave TV show:hollyoaks , neighbours lol lovin the carl kennedy but ther r others
Fave film:madagascar, old school still makes me laff, theres loads
Fave hobby:doin arty things, bein with the people i love, singin, dancin but only t laf at myself
Fave colour:reds dark pinks n greeny blues
Fave food:a dish i make lol spicy tomato chicken n rice
Fave sport:to watch rugby, to play erm.. rounders for fun
Which football team do you support?:stoke city
Fave non-alcoholic drink:water or ribena
Fave alcoholic drink:archers and lemonade, guiness, champagne mix, i can make most drinks nice!
How often do you drink?when i need one n no not everyday
Do you smoke?not since new years
Can you play an instrument?:clarinet, recorder, piano not very well but i can
Can you speak a foreign language?:learnt french n german at school can remember bits but not a lot
What makes you happy?:feelin loved, laughin (which i do almost all the time), being with friends... erm... i dont no i happy most of the time
What's your pet hate?cheaters, liars, druggies, horrible people lol
Describe yourself in 5 words:loud, laughing, blonde, friendly, kind
Anything else you want to say... cant wait to meet u all and if any of u want an ann summers party im ur lady!!:p:
Reply 47
the worst thing this year was that we had to go because it was a 10 credit module, research plan thing, and so when I'd been a few times she started recognising me and I saw her everywhere....outside the union, sainos....and every time this manic smile would spread across her face and she'd start shouting hello.....I ran away in shame that this orange haired mad german woman knew who I was ....
Zo x
Reply 48
^Lol!!!

Oh Jess where about in Stoke are you from? My best mate lives in Blythe Bridge!

-x-
Reply 49
Ah good old blythe bridge...

...good past it most times between home and loughborough on the train.

Daniel
erm duno how explain it in between bucknall n werrington, blythe has a good pub!
jess x x
Reply 51
jess_wishes
erm duno how explain it in between bucknall n werrington, blythe has a good pub!
jess x x

And thats all you need to know :p:
Reply 52
Proper name: Peter Lancett
Nicknames: Lanny
What subject you're going to do and Offer: Industrial design and tech, had to pass SEFS
Do you think you're going to make your offer? Went through clearing instead, so yes!
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? Having loads of freedom again, and being with good company
...and Least? Spending stupid amounts of money!
What accommodation are you thinking of and why? DC - have guaranteed room there
What are you going to do on the first day? Won't be there because i'm working :p:
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? Because it's awesome!
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your
lonesome? Libby, school friends, course friends, hall friends (Gimson Massive!)
D.O.B: 27th July 1987
Hair colour: Ginger
Eye colour: Green
A2 subjects: Business Studies, DT and Psychology
Any brothers/sisters?: 1 younger brother
Any pets: Nope
Fave band/artist: Craig David lol
Fave song: Blackstreet- No Diggity
Fave TV show: Scrubs, Fresh Price, Family Guy
Fave film: BASEketball
Fave hobby: Hockey
Fave colour: Blue
Fave food: Pizza meat feast
Fave sport: Hockey, Football, Rugby
Which football team do you support?: Stoke City
Fave non-alcoholic drink: Errrrrrr Coke
Fave alcoholic drink: Any Bitters :smile:
How often do you drink? Regularly
Do you smoke? Nope
Can you play an instrument?: Trombone :cool:
Can you speak a foreign language?: Bonjour
What makes you happy?: My girlfriend, and food!
What's your pet hate? When people nick all your stuff out your room 5 times!!
Describe yourself in 5 words: Happy, Resourceful, Courageous, Beefy and Caring
Anything else you want to say...Errrrrrr hope to see anyone going to Loughborough its amazing anybody wanna talk im at...*PM me*
I gotta take some time to fill this out...and also before I do...are people ok with me adding them to my msn list..? Just wanna make sure before I do it...
Reply 54
Original post by G&#949
I gotta take some time to fill this out...and also before I do...are people ok with me adding them to my msn list..? Just wanna make sure before I do it...

Go for it!
yep fine here
SugarExplosion
yep fine here

Congrats on today!! :smile:
Original post by G&#949
Congrats on today!! :smile:

Cheers, you too! Got my accom through today...got into Elvyn, my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 58
Proper name: Danica Jayne Wladarz
Nicknames: Daneeks, D
What subject you're going to do and Offer: Management Sciences ABB
Do you think you're going to make your offer? Yeah im in!!
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough? everything mainly the social side
What accomodation are you thinking of and why? i wanted to go to royce, faraday was my secong choice, the holt my third and i ve got in there which im not that happy about
What are you going to do on the first day? meets loads of peeps and hopefully in the evening get ridiculously drunk
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm? i just fell in love with it when i went to visit, the course sounds good and i wanted a campus uni.
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome? i know one guy going this year, and i know a couple of people there no close friends though
D.O.B: 13/04/1987
Hair colour: Blonde
Eye colour: Blue
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, business studies
Any brothers/sisters?: 1 younger brother
Any pets: 1 cat
Fave band/artist: the kooks
Fave song:
Fave film: shes all that, dirty dancing
Fave hobby: dancing
Fave colour: it has to be pink
Fave food: italian and chocolate
Fave sport: swimming, althletics
Which football team do you support?: arsenal but only because freddie ljunberg plays for them
Fave non-alcoholic drink: innocent smoothies
Fave alcoholic drink: there are too many
How often do you drink? every weekend, sometimes when i go out on a mon and weds night too
Do you smoke? socially but very occasionally
Can you play an instrument?: i used to play the flute
Can you speak a foreign language?: GCSE standard French, but i dont think i could string a sentance together now lol
What makes you happy?: im happy all the time!!
What's your pet hate? people who are self obsessed also bullsh*tters
Describe yourself in 5 words: BLONDE(my friends are constantly laughing at my blonde moments), bubbly, fun, outgoing, flirty
Anything else you want to say... im just counting down the days i cant wait pm me for my msn address if anyone wants to add me on there!
Proper name: Geerththanan Logeswaran (I know, its long!!! Tell my mum that!!)
Nicknames: G (is that short compared to my real name or what! Lolz, my mum at birth named me Geerththanan, and since I was 10 has been calling me “G”...and so has everyone since then! )...
What subject you're going to do: Computing and Management...
What are you most looking forward to about Loughborough?: Everything!!
...and Least? At this moment in time, nothing.
What accomodation are you thinking of and why?: Holt or Telford
What are you going to do on the first day?: Whatever is planned…
Why did you choose Loughborough as your firm?: Loved the university atmosphere when I visited…
Is anyone you know also going to Loughborough or are you all on your lonesome?: No one personally, but a friend’ friend is going…
D.O.B: 18th April 1988…
Hair colour: Black…
Eye colour: Brown…
A2 subjects: Maths, Computing and French…
Any brothers/sisters?: Two younger sisters…
Any pets: Nop…
Fave band/artist: Haven’t really got a favourite artist or band, but popular ones amongst the ones I listen are: James Blunt, Craig David, Daniel Beddingfield, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Michael Jackson, B2K, Fort Minor, The Game, Coldplay, Pussycat Dolls, T.I, Muse, (I think that enough, I can go on&#8230:wink:
Fave song: Lose Yourself – Eminem and You’re Beautiful – James Blunt...
Fave TV show: Big Brother, The Friday Night Project, The F Word, Top Gear…
Fave film: The Italian Job (2003 version)…
Fave hobby: Music, Football, Biking, Photography (now and then)…
Fave colour: Blue…
Fave food: Mum’s Chicken curry (will miss when I am at Loughborough – did propose the idea that she could buy a house in Loughborough and cook for me, but the idea didn’t appeal to her) :biggrin:
Fave sport: Football…
Which football team do you support?: Liverpool and France...
Fave non-alcoholic drink: Coca Cola…
Fave alcoholic drink: WKD, Baileys, (not really a beer fan, though I expect that to change once at Uni)…
How often do you drink? Stopped drinking last September and challenged myself not to for one year…but then I went on holiday to Spain in July…so drank during then…then ain’t touched a drink since being back…will start when back at Uni)…
Do you smoke?: Nop…
Can you play an instrument?: Used to play the Miruthangam, a South Indian instrument…
Can you speak a foreign language?: French (because I was born and lived there for a while…but not up to scratch), and Tamil (mother tongue)…
What makes you happy?: Seeing others happy…
What's your pet hate?: Horrible people…
Describe yourself in 5 words: Friendly, mature, caring and fun…
Anything else you want to say: Can't wait to be at Loughborough and meet the people...

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending