The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by est4elle
Hi Ninian

I am not sure what the maximum earnings is. I believe anyone studying in Wales will have to wait till May when applications will be posted out. It won't be done online. If you dont mind me asking why would you have to pay double accommodation?

The Swansea placements are in 9 different locations in Wales from carmarthen to wrexham. You have to go to all locations. 15 weeks in the first year 22 in the second and 25 in the third. If you don't qualify for the extra bursary you have to pay for the accommodation and travel expenses yourself.
Original post by Ninian
The Swansea placements are in 9 different locations in Wales from carmarthen to wrexham. You have to go to all locations. 15 weeks in the first year 22 in the second and 25 in the third. If you don't qualify for the extra bursary you have to pay for the accommodation and travel expenses yourself.

Thank you. I didn't realise there could be so many.
Original post by HayleyCollis
Well done on the offer from Southampton, yeah that's such a pain! Hope it all sorts itself out!

Even more of a pain that the FA haven't responded to the situation, which has led me to decline the meeting and attend the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 443
Original post by butterfly33
Thank you. I didn't realise there could be so many.

The Swansea course is very intense because it has been reduced from a 4 year course to 3. You have to work normal shifts in the hospital and complete your course work. Also it's a 42 week course you get 2 weeks of for Christmas, 1 for Easter and 7 in the summer.
Reply 444
Original post by sam_town1
Even more of a pain that the FA haven't responded to the situation, which has led me to decline the meeting and attend the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did your interview go?
Original post by Ninian
How did your interview go?

I've currently got a chest infection and been throwing up for the past couple of days, so couldn't go, waiting for an email to come through to see if that's it from them. Conversely, my Leeds interview on Friday went well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446
I've currently got a chest infection and been throwing up for the past couple of days, so couldn't go, waiting for an email to come through to see if that's it from them. Conversely, my Leeds interview on Friday went well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry to hear that you're ill. Hopefully you will get an offer from Leeds.:smile:
Original post by Ninian
I'm really sorry to hear that you're ill. Hopefully you will get an offer from Leeds.:smile:

Just logged into track, rejected by Leeds (shame, really liked it there). Swansea interview rescheduled for the 28th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 448
Is anyone else thinking if going to wolves in September?
Reply 449
Just logged into track, rejected by Leeds (shame, really liked it there). Swansea interview rescheduled for the 28th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for Swansea I'm surprised that they are still interviewing since a lot of people have been accepted. Still waiting to hear if I've been accepted or rejected. The wait is killing me.
Reply 450
Is there anybody else still waiting for an answer from Swansea?
Hey guys,
im studying healthcare science physiology cardiac route at manchester metropolitan university,if anyones got any questions on this course then let me know :smile:
and good luck for any future interviews.
Reply 452
Hi guys

I'm set to start this course in the coming September. I was wondering what the consequences of missing 2 weeks of the to course to go on holiday would be
I haven't read all of the 23 pages so I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but is anyone applying / going to plymouth this year? :smile:
Reply 454
Original post by bubblegum94
Hey guys,
im studying healthcare science physiology cardiac route at manchester metropolitan university,if anyones got any questions on this course then let me know :smile:
and good luck for any future interviews.

How do u find the course? And how do u find the placements? What are the sort of job roles u see practitioners doing? And what year are u in?

sorry for bombarding u with all these questions!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nikkii987
How do u find the course? And how do u find the placements? What are the sort of job roles u see practitioners doing? And what year are u in?

sorry for bombarding u with all these questions!

hey :smile:
the course is good in the first year to get all students on the same level we have modules that are overlapped with biomedical science modules.
It is tiring travelling to and back from placements,its 9-5.the placements are arranged for you, im in mmu so my placements can be anywhere in the northwest as far as Liverpool,Blackpool etc this year for my placements it takes me 1 hour and a half to get there and the train costs a lot(but u get reimbursed afterwards).the placements itself is really good i thoroughly enjoyed it but travel time everyday is really tiring.
you shadow physiologist so just watch them do ecg's and other complex tests,if you've chosen cardiac/respiratory.
the only problem i have with this course is that its hard to work in the evening if your getting home at 6:30/7 and for me getting just a weekend job is v hard.
lastly im in my first year :smile:
Reply 456

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did the interview go at Swansea?
Original post by Ninian
how did the interview go at Swansea?

Aside from spending almost 10 and a half hours on a train, it went well. Although I'm expecting a rejected as I expect pretty much all the places have been handed out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458
Aside from spending almost 10 and a half hours on a train, it went well. Although I'm expecting a rejected as I expect pretty much all the places have been handed out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't fancy the 4-5 hour journey from home to Leeds so I rejected the interview a few weeks ago. I'd prefer to be closer to home so I can save money on transport. Which uni is your first choice? Did Swansea give you any idea when they would let you know if you have a place?
Original post by Ninian
I didn't fancy the 4-5 hour journey from home to Leeds so I rejected the interview a few weeks ago. I'd prefer to be closer to home so I can save money on transport. Which uni is your first choice? Did Swansea give you any idea when they would let you know if you have a place?

Spent £100 to get there and back. Southampton is my first choice, however Swansea will be my insurance if I get an offer. They told our group to expect a decision within a week or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest