The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorginaNC
I think anglia Ruskin is my first choice and Manchester Met is my second. When I went to see anglia Ruskin it was amazing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good :smile: !
Reply 81
Original post by lizzied124
Yeah , beacuse I have not looked at Plymouth Uni. Im getting there for like 9.30. you? Also are you taking anyone with you?

Same here I wasn't able to attend the open days so I'm aiming for 10 ish because it takes 4 hours to drive down from where I live :/
And I don't know yet, my mums gonna drive me down and she'll probably find somewhere to shop whilst I'm there but don't really wanna be wandering round the uni on my own! But they haven't said what's happening yet so we'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Poppy:)
Same here I wasn't able to attend the open days so I'm aiming for 10 ish because it takes 4 hours to drive down from where I live :/
And I don't know yet, my mums gonna drive me down and she'll probably find somewhere to shop whilst I'm there but don't really wanna be wandering round the uni on my own! But they haven't said what's happening yet so we'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! It takes 6 hours on the train for me haha so Im going down by myslef and staying with my auntie overnight as she lives nearby. I will Probably get there around quater to 10. I know haha , we get given interview times on the day
Reply 83
Yeah me too! It takes 6 hours on the train for me haha so Im going down by myslef and staying with my auntie overnight as she lives nearby. I will Probably get there around quater to 10. I know haha , we get given interview times on the day

Sounds like a good plan, and yeah I think so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
I know haha! and i think maybe St Geroges in London to do cardiac physiology :smile: yeah thats what I was thinking , I just need to look into it more I think. Sounds good :biggrin:

Did you look round St Georges university before you applied ? Cool hopefully you end up going there then,do you have any ideas yet on what you are planning to put as your insurance choice ? , cheers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I know they do! I wish they'd at least say if we were getting an interview even if they haven't arranged a date!
My mum is going to come with me then just find somewhere to have a coffee. I've never been to Wolverhampton so I didn't want to go alone! :smile:

Exactly that would just be great if only they did that, oh right hmm yeah good idea How is you science revision going along for the test on Wednesday? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86

I don't really know what to revise! My plan is to go over my personal statement, research the course, and try make a good impression so the test doesn't determine all!

What have you been looking at. In going to have to leave so early to get there for 9.30!! (n)

How's it going for you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
I don't really know what to revise! My plan is to go over my personal statement, research the course, and try make a good impression so the test doesn't determine all!

What have you been looking at. In going to have to leave so early to get there for 9.30!! (n)

How's it going for you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right yeah I might just have another look at my personal statement and course context again actually , lol but don't you already do a biology related A level so you should do fine in the assessment :smile: ,I have a feeling the best is going to be based on applied biology maybe a question like : 'why is there a decrease of dogs in the Ireland countryside' :s , iv just written down a few interview questions so that they may decide to ask me and written out my answer so that hopefully tomorrow if they ask me a question I actually have an idea on how to answer it, lol I know exactly how you feel I'm literally rushing each morning to make it to school for 8:30 let alone all the way up to Wolverhampton by 9:30
Reply 88
My UCAS got sent off last wednesday, not expecting many replies yet as its quite soon! Applied to southampton, UWE, swansea, anglia ruskin and portsmouth (human physiology).. hope they give me plenty of notice for the interviews as I'm going to have to book flights! ahh
Reply 89
Original post by Beth_996
oh right yeah I might just have another look at my personal statement and course context again actually , lol but don't you already do a biology related A level so you should do fine in the assessment :smile: ,I have a feeling the best is going to be based on applied biology maybe a question like : 'why is there a decrease of dogs in the Ireland countryside' :s , iv just written down a few interview questions so that they may decide to ask me and written out my answer so that hopefully tomorrow if they ask me a question I actually have an idea on how to answer it, lol I know exactly how you feel I'm literally rushing each morning to make it to school for 8:30 let alone all the way up to Wolverhampton by 9:30

How would you answer that question?!? That's not basic science is it?
What time are you going to have to leave! I have to leave about half six from home!

I got an interview today for St George's way above my predicted grades so I'm not sure why! :smile:

What type of questions do you think they'll ask?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by Shaaannn
My UCAS got sent off last wednesday, not expecting many replies yet as its quite soon! Applied to southampton, UWE, swansea, anglia ruskin and portsmouth (human physiology).. hope they give me plenty of notice for the interviews as I'm going to have to book flights! ahh

For my Wolverhampton one I only got a weeks notice! If they don't you'll be able to change it but all my others have been at least a months notice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you look round St Georges university before you applied ? Cool hopefully you end up going there then,do you have any ideas yet on what you are planning to put as your insurance choice ? , cheers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yess I did :smile: I thinkI may put plymouth if I get in and if not Sunderland.
Reply 92
Yess I did :smile: I thinkI may put plymouth if I get in and if not Sunderland.

Did you like St. George's. I have an interview but never thought I would get one as my predicted grades don't meet their entry requirements!

I'm not sure about going to uni there for quite a few reasons. Is it your first choice??

Please could you tell me why you like it just to give me an idea because I'm not sure whether to accept my interview with them! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Has anyone heard from Anglia Ruskin University yet with an offer or interview or is everyone still patiently waiting ?
Reply 94
Has anyone heard from Anglia Ruskin University yet with an offer or interview or is everyone still patiently waiting ?

A girl at the interview today has an interview for ARU next week but she said she applied late September. So she waited 2and a bit months! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
A girl at the interview today has an interview for ARU next week but she said she applied late September. So she waited 2and a bit months! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really ! , Anglia Ruskin must be a really popular university then if they are taking this long to reply to people :frown: , the thing about this course is that they only intake a limited number of people so when the spaces are gone there gone and therefore I doubt healthcare science course will be available on clearance init , do you know how many undergraduates Anglia Ruskin offers places to ?
Reply 96
Really ! , Anglia Ruskin must be a really popular university then if they are taking this long to reply to people :frown: , the thing about this course is that they only intake a limited number of people so when the spaces are gone there gone and therefore I doubt healthcare science course will be available on clearance init , do you know how many undergraduates Anglia Ruskin offers places to ?

I know! It's so annoying. It's my favourite aswell so I just want to hear from them! :frown:
No I know! I hope we're on the next set of interviews! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Hopefully ! :smile: , so after seeing Wolverhampton university today has it gone right down to the bottom of your list or in middle ?
Reply 98
Hopefully ! :smile: , so after seeing Wolverhampton university today has it gone right down to the bottom of your list or in middle ?

I'd say middle! I really liked the sound of the course, the uni itself was nice and the tutors were lovely there was just no atmosphere. I didn't like Wolverhampton itself. What did you think??

How did you think the test went?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
I'd say middle! I really liked the sound of the course, the uni itself was nice and the tutors were lovely there was just no atmosphere. I didn't like Wolverhampton itself. What did you think??

How did you think the test went?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree it was more like a casual chat in the 'interview' rather then an actually interview because they were so friendly however I didn't like the healthcare science facilities and I actually thought we were going to be able to have a look round the accommodation , were there any questions in the interview that you stumbled on ? , I stupidly only applied to two healthcare science courses so Wolverhampton is still gonna be near the top . Ummm alright I guess well I tried that's all I can say I tired I think my spelling on different parts of the heart and lungs was horrendous , how did you find it ?

Latest