The Student Room Group

Need advice on uni prospects!!?

I really want to study clinical psychology at uni, and hopefully achieve a doctorate in it, but I am so confused as to which uni to apply to. My subjects are chemistry, psychology and ict at A2, and my predicted grades are BBB, but I hope to achieve an A in psychology. I was looking at Edinburgh and Manchester but they are both highly competitive. Any thoughts and help is appreciated, thanks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Jprtkhr
I really want to study clinical psychology at uni, and hopefully achieve a doctorate in it, but I am so confused as to which uni to apply to. My subjects are chemistry, psychology and ict at A2, and my predicted grades are BBB, but I hope to achieve an A in psychology. I was looking at Edinburgh and Manchester but they are both highly competitive. Any thoughts and help is appreciated, thanks!!!

You should try posting your question in forum that might be more relevant, such as 'Applications and UCAS', the psychology forum or one of the relevant uni forums :smile:
Go through league tables and find which ones are BBB/BBA. Once you've narrowed that down, you can cross off ones which are too far away and then look through websites.

The ratings are only good as a rough guide, btw, but its usefull as a rough ranking and somewhere to generate uni names for you.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/table/2013/jun/04/university-guide-psychology
Reply 3
Ok thanks I will do that. I've found some which are bbb-aaa such as Edinburgh it's quite far but doesn't bug me as I don't mind being far

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest