The Student Room Group

If I didn't go back to University what kind of jobs can I get?

Well I've decided to take a break from my studies just to rethink my the direction my life is going really. I'm just looking for any sort of job atm to get a bit of money/improve socially. My parents say if I don't get a degree I'll only get really rubbish jobs but I think they're exaggerating tbh. I reckon I can get a decent job but would have to start at the bottom & try to work my way up or something along those lines. My highest qualifications as of now is CCD (in Maths, Business & Economics) for my A-levels which I'd say is about average. If I didn't go back to University how would I go about getting a decent paid job? (i.e from just under average UK salary+) Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
You could earn about the average UK income through manual labour tbh.

If you mean something like a desk job, that might be harder.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Do the AAT. Qualify as an accountant whilst you work. It's a really popular choice at the moment - I wish I did it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You can do anything you want to if you have the determination to do it. Cheesy, but it's true. If you're simply after money, you may as well stick with the degree.

If not, excluding professions that naturally absolutely require a degree e.g. medicine, engineering), go down whatever path you want. The sheer amount of degree-holders has decreased the worth of them so much this is probably the best time to take such a jump.
Original post by Multitalented me
Well I've decided to take a break from my studies just to rethink my the direction my life is going really. I'm just looking for any sort of job atm to get a bit of money/improve socially. My parents say if I don't get a degree I'll only get really rubbish jobs but I think they're exaggerating tbh. I reckon I can get a decent job but would have to start at the bottom & try to work my way up or something along those lines. My highest qualifications as of now is CCD (in Maths, Business & Economics) for my A-levels which I'd say is about average. If I didn't go back to University how would I go about getting a decent paid job? (i.e from just under average UK salary+) Thanks :smile:

There are plenty of options available mate and with things the way they are atm It's unlikely a degree would help you that much unless you were planning to go into some kind of graduate scheme (assuming you are studying business). Once you can get your foot in the door somewhere that will be your chance to prove yourself :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending