The Student Room Group

40L rucksack for college

sorry if in wrong section, wasn't really sure where this would fit
anyway, i'm returning to college to do my A2s and i found that the normal A4 sized rucksacks are way too small, i like to shove everything in my bag and hate carrying stuff in my hands
i want to be able to carry 2-3 lever arch files and usual supplies [pens, paper, coat etc] around with me, would a 40L bag be too big and look silly for everyday use?
thanks
Original post by j_ken
sorry if in wrong section, wasn't really sure where this would fit
anyway, i'm returning to college to do my A2s and i found that the normal A4 sized rucksacks are way too small, i like to shove everything in my bag and hate carrying stuff in my hands
i want to be able to carry 2-3 lever arch files and usual supplies [pens, paper, coat etc] around with me, would a 40L bag be too big and look silly for everyday use?
thanks

Backpacks are coming back into fashion now so you could probably get away with it. I'd say a 30L would work better but maybe that's just me. Guess it also depends on what size you are as to how out of proportion it would look...
Reply 2
Just to put it into perspective, I have a 35L bag for doing climbs up mountains. That's clothing, food, first aid, water, emergency supplies, navigation, etc.

I'd say 40 is excessive for going to school.
Reply 3
I would just take ringbinders in to college, and keep lever arch files at home. Like when you finish a module put it in the lever arch file at home. It would look a little silly to have a huge rucksack, though I don't know how big a 40l rucksack is.
I used to use a regular vans bag for college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending