Big corporation?
Works in the background?

Batman?

:^_^:

Nah he's my superior....so who could I be? :ninja:
Reply 21
Original post by Steezy
Accountant.

Basically I get a client's records and I start ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Then I send them some accounts.

You forgot the most important one: looking down, pointing and laughing at those that deal with tax affairs :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by ipoop
You forgot the most important one: looking down, pointing and laughing at those that deal with tax affairs :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would do, but they make like twice my salary!
Reply 23
Original post by Steezy
I would do, but they make like twice my salary!

Do you have a junior role? :beard: Or don't have enough tasks? At the firm I worked for the people of tax and accounts had similar salaries :holmes:
Reply 24
Original post by ipoop
Do you have a junior role? :beard: Or don't have enough tasks? At the firm I worked for the people of tax and accounts had similar salaries :holmes:

Well I'm 2 exams away from being qualified so I guess you could say junior. Whereas the tax department are all fully qualified and slightly older.

Plus the amounts they charge for tax work - which takes about half the time a set of accounts takes - is ridiculous. I think this is reflected in their pay packet.
Reply 25
Original post by Steezy
Well I'm 2 exams away from being qualified so I guess you could say junior. Whereas the tax department are all fully qualified and slightly older.

Plus the amounts they charge for tax work - which takes about half the time a set of accounts takes - is ridiculous. I think this is reflected in their pay packet.

2 exams away... AAT. ACA or ACCA? :ahee: that makes sense, I was the lowest paid staff but everyone else had the same privileges and depending on longevity at the firm, the same pay packet! We had less Tax people so they too had A LOT of work :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by ipoop
2 exams away... AAT. ACA or ACCA? :ahee: that makes sense, I was the lowest paid staff but everyone else had the same privileges and depending on longevity at the firm, the same pay packet! We had less Tax people so they too had A LOT of work :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 away from ACCA :smile: I'm taking the 2 in December so fingers crossed I'll be done after this year. Having said that though, the tax exam is a bitch! But the thought of having no more exams is definitely motivating me.

I did AAT a few years back.

Are you qualified?
Reply 27
Original post by Steezy
2 away from ACCA :smile: I'm taking the 2 in December so fingers crossed I'll be done after this year. Having said that though, the tax exam is a bitch! But the thought of having no more exams is definitely motivating me.

I did AAT a few years back.

Are you qualified?

Well congrats for all the hardwork! So I hear, one of my colleagues used to get so anxious around exams times a few years ago, and she worked in tax! Failed once and I remember she had an argument with one if the seniors at the firm because he said she should just give it up :lolwut:

Me, I'm a full AAT member :biggrin: passed level 4 last year :proud: Thinking of doing CIMA next year because I did my - at times frantic - time in accounts and now want to go in finance :smile:

I fear we are derailing the thread with our boring accountancy talk :wink: how long did ACCA take? How hard is it to juggle work and studies and a "social life"? :wink: (you can reply by pm before the brigade get to us :tongue:) You must be SOOOI OLLLD to have almost finished it all :shakecane:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending