The Student Room Group

GCSE's In Sixth Form and AS Levels Urgent for Med

Hi, I want to study Medicine at uni as a undergrad or graduate i am not fussed but i did not get the best GCSE Results 4A*s BTEC Science, A in RE, B in Additional Science, B in Psychology, C Maths (Resit In November to get a B or A* Hopefully), C English Lang, Core Science (C), Electronics (D).

GCSE's I am doing this year

WJEC English Lit (Higher) Hopefully a B or A
Edexcel Maths Linear (Higher) Hopefully a B or A*
Edexcel Russian Short Hopefully B or A
AQA IGCE Chemistry Hopefully A or A*
AQA IGCSE Biology Hopefully A or A*
AQA IGCSE Physics Hopefully C or B

AS Levels This Year

WJEC English Combined
AQA Chemistry
AQA Biology
AQA Psychology

Can anyone recommend anything i can do to get straight A's in Sixth Form? Any advice is really helpful. How should i be ultra organised? Thanks!
I think toy will need higher in English language, and anything below an A can be a burden for a medical applicant with the course being so competitive :frown: I also think you may need AS maths but I am not sure, your A levels seem to be fine, just try grade as highly as possible to ensure the best success. Revise smart, do lots of past papers for sciences, and essays for your other subjects, perfect exam technique and KEEP ORGANISED by using filing systems! Write notes up in need be and put them in plastic wallets! Good luck:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I think toy will need higher in English language, and anything below an A can be a burden for a medical applicant with the course being so competitive :frown: I also think you may need AS maths but I am not sure, your A levels seem to be fine, just try grade as highly as possible to ensure the best success. Revise smart, do lots of past papers for sciences, and essays for your other subjects, perfect exam technique and KEEP ORGANISED by using filing systems! Write notes up in need be and put them in plastic wallets! Good luck:smile:

Thanks! If i don't get it as a undergrad then i will do bio-medical engineering then Med. I looked into it and you don't need AS Maths for grad. I am building up a filing cabinet of past papers ect. Thanks
Original post by PhillMillican
Thanks! If i don't get it as a undergrad then i will do bio-medical engineering then Med. I looked into it and you don't need AS Maths for grad. I am building up a filing cabinet of past papers ect. Thanks

I personally took the wrong subjects at AS, and then realized I wanted to do medicine between AS and A2, so I applied for Biomedical Science, which I got in to Aston university to study, which is cool because it gives you other job prospects as well as the chance to study graduate medicine :smile:
Newcastle university offer a transfer after first year from biomedical science to Medicine if you get like 60 or 70% ( I can't quite remember). They require Chemistry at a grade B at AS if not offered at A2, and ask for Biology, with ABB-AAB :smile: So maybe you could look at that :smile: Good idea!
Reply 4
Bump :smile:
Reply 5
Bump
Reply 6
Bumps

Quick Reply

Latest