The Student Room Group

Most annoying words/phrases??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
"I'm not racist but..."
"Basically..."
"So..."
I hate the word "munch" when used as a noun...

eg. "gonna go for a munch", "fancy grabbin a munch?" "can't wait to get home and have a munch".

URGHHH it just makes me shudder. :lolwut:
Reply 182
Original post by WillBoy136
Any accent that pronounces words the way the dictionary says they should be pronounced

Personally I think the RP accent is old-fashioned and pretentious. Just because someone decides this is the way a word should be pronounced, doesn't mean its correct. Its just deemed the standard pronunciation by a handful of people.

Also, the standard accent changes over time. The midland accent used to be considered the standard, but now Southern English is.

RP isn't the 'correct' accent, it's just the standard. There are many variations, but that's not to say they are incorrect. Just different varieties of English.
People who say 'totesamazeballs' definitely aren't on my playlist for friends. It makes no sense, and is as bad as saying 'hashtag' before a word/phrase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not gonna lie, but...

Monkey see, monkey do
Reply 185
"awww Bless"
"that's lovely"

seriously want to smack someone anytime they say that
I feel an unbelievable urge to maim the users of "reem", "yar" (inability to just say "Yes"), "init". I also hate certain individuals' need to have the last word, even when they just start muttering "Oh really?" and "Is that right?" or "I don't think so.". Very annoying.

The joys of previously living in Essex. :rolleyes:
Mandem, mannaman

Does anyone even know what these mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Ahrghhh can't stand it when people say "Haters gonnna hate" in some stupid sing-song tone
Reply 189
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Ahrghhh can't stand it when people say "Haters gonnna hate" in some stupid sing-song tone

I hate it more because the people who say this are just nobodies - nobody could possibly hate on the most average person...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest