The Student Room Group

Reasons the Green Party are idiots...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieTT
Apparently the public can't do a quick Google search to discover that UKIP are even more Authoritarian and just as right-wing as the Conservative Party.

Provide a source or stfu.
Original post by Dez
It's always the same story when you look at a small party's manifesto. There'll be about 5% realistic, useful policy which they'll use if they get some microcosm of power, and the rest is just badly researched idealism and empty promises. You could do this analysis on any UK political party with 1 parliamentary seat or fewer and get pretty much the same results.

As parties grow their manifestos tend to mature and become more realistic. Right now it makes absolutely no difference what the Greens promise, since there's exactly 0% chance of them ever achieving it, hence why they simply rest their laurels on idealism until they get enough notice to actually make any useful changes.

The UKIP manifesto is only about 15% crazy. I was quite impressed.
Original post by mmmpie
I'm actually a Green Party member, but I don't agree with their energy policy. It isn't necessary to support every policy in detail to still agree with a party's priorities and ideals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what do you agree with them on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending