ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorteeth)
    Keele are capped at 129

What do you mean?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    What do you mean?
    I presume they mean the actual number of places in the med school. Medicine student numbers are actually decided by the NHS/government I believe and then each med school gets a certain number which they have to stick to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt they interview more people this year since less people applied??
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachHill)

How many applied last year? I can't seem to find it
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secret.)
    How many applied last year? I can't seem to find it
    i've just gone on the website, it says 2000 so i've just realised its pretty much the same as this year
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Systole)
    I presume they mean the actual number of places in the med school. Medicine student numbers are actually decided by the NHS/government I believe and then each med school gets a certain number which they have to stick to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right, yeah I know that I was confused a bit because I was originally referring to interviews
    (Original post by RachHill)
    Pretty sure more people applied this year
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Systole)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is correct and it came right from the head of the schools mouth. This is a good thing as it keeps the teaching numbers to students high. The teaching quality at Keele is unbelievable.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I suspect we need to be patient (excuse the pun) on this thread as Keele read every PS and reference............... unless anyone had been in contact and knows differently.........??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So over the last year I've been part of the Access to Keele programme and alongside their more medical oriented 'Access to Professions'. However this year the Access to Professions scheme has been replaced with 'Progression to Medicine'.

On the website section 'Widening Participation' it now says this:

"Applicants to Keele Medical School who have completed the Progression to Medicine scheme will be prioritised for interview and if successful will be awarded one grade reduction in each of two A-level subjects, with no grade below a B in any subject. A student offered the standard offer of AAA or A*AB will be admitted with ABB on completing this course successfully."

Do you think the same applies to the previous scheme?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is the scheme?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting so panicked! Other girls in my college have got offers from other med schools, has anyone got an interview yet? If not when do you think they will start handing them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bells_strachan)
    I'm getting so panicked! Other girls in my college have got offers from other med schools, has anyone got an interview yet? If not when do you think they will start handing them out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keele read almost every PS and therefore don't send interviews out until Dec/Jan/Feb usually
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    offers from med schools? I didn't know medicals schools gave out offers so quick, because surely they've not even interviewed everyone yet? :confused: May I ask which med schools are we talking here?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think she meant offer for interview, if not then offer for a different course because I don't think any med school has given out offers yet, the interview stage is just starting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWridesagain)
    Keele read almost every PS and therefore don't send interviews out until Dec/Jan/Feb usually
    Thanks very much, I've got a little bit of time then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voldermort)
    offers from med schools? I didn't know medicals schools gave out offers so quick, because surely they've not even interviewed everyone yet? :confused: May I ask which med schools are we talking here?
    Yeah sorry! I meant interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much, I've got a little bit of time then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looking at last year the first interviews were around 18th December so I'm guessing they give about 3 weeks notice for the first batch which means interviews start to go out at the very end of November. They then keep up the interviews well into March (unlike some other unis) so we are going to need our strength and patience. Of course I could be talking a load of tosh with regard to this year and they may start to come out Monday...:eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWridesagain)
    Looking at last year the first interviews were around 18th December so I'm guessing they give about 3 weeks notice for the first batch which means interviews start to go out at the very end of November. They then keep up the interviews well into March (unlike some other unis) so we are going to need our strength and patience. Of course I could be talking a load of tosh with regard to this year and they may start to come out Monday...:eek:
    The first interviews were sent out on the 29th November last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    any keele med students here
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys I got no confirmation email from keele and thus no survey to fill out, should I be worried and contact them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2014
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.