The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Does anyone know when people who have had interviews hear back?
Reply 601
Original post by Digimon97
Does anyone know when people who have had interviews hear back?

Depends when you had it, early Jan one's they said they will AIM to get back to us by end of Jan/beginning of Feb
Reply 602
Original post by Secret.
Depends when you had it, early Jan one's they said they will AIM to get back to us by end of Jan/beginning of Feb

Oh right, thanks. I had mine on 6th Jan, just hoping I get an offer, medicine is just sooooo difficult to get into.
Reply 603
Anyone else think their interviews went badly....oh no just me then...:frown:
Original post by ABAA06

Your not the only one... I had an interview at Liverpool and I dnt think I did really bad but I know I could've done better and said so much more but I let my nerves get the better of me :frown: just hoping they see past that and give me an offer :/ wishful thinking I guess... Y do u think urs went badly did they ask u hard questions or was it jus down to ur nervousness? Hopefully we both did better than we think and get our offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 605
Original post by ABAA06

why do you think it went badly? I've also had an interview at Keele and have no idea what to think about how it went - so hard to judge with mmi!
Reply 606
Original post by mubashir9995
Have any international applicants got any interviews yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still waiting :frown:
Original post by Digimon97
Oh right, thanks. I had mine on 6th Jan, just hoping I get an offer, medicine is just sooooo difficult to get into.

Me and you both. This is my top choice and I would be estatic :biggrin: to get an offer from this uni. They told me they will give us a reply end of January- beginning of February.
End of jan needs to hurry up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 609
Original post by hamzah_1992
End of jan needs to hurry up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that when another batch of interviews are being given out ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by graceyel
Is that when another batch of interviews are being given out ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's when the early Jan interviews were told they'd hear back. But I'm assuming it's probably when interviews are handed out as well, seen as they interview up until March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 611
It's when the early Jan interviews were told they'd hear back. But I'm assuming it's probably when interviews are handed out as well, seen as they interview up until March

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see! good luck :smile::smile:
Congrats on getting a place, your HCA work will be an advantage when you start to work on the wards as you'll appreciate team working even more so. What was your interview like, did they throw in any tricky questions?
Original post by KimbyJayne
Me too... actually feeling surprisingly chilled!

How did your interview go? Out of all the MMIs, which was the worst did you think?
This is what it says on the Keele medical school website, updated quite recently, I would say this week.

"We have now held around 200 interviews and will shortly be issuing interviews for late January and February."

Elsewhere on the website it says that they hold approximately 500 interviews ... there is still hope guys!

Reply 615
Original post by arathorn794
This is what it says on the Keele medical school website, updated quite recently, I would say this week.

"We have now held around 200 interviews and will shortly be issuing interviews for late January and February."

Elsewhere on the website it says that they hold approximately 500 interviews ... there is still hope guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 616
Hey everyone, I was just wondering whether any graduates applying to the 5 year course have heard anything? Beginning to stress a lot...
Original post by jimjam123
Hey everyone, I was just wondering whether any graduates applying to the 5 year course have heard anything? Beginning to stress a lot...

Hey, I'm a graduate and I've had an interview. However, you honestly shouldn't worry because they interview up until March and I'm sure it's random - so there'll be a mix of a level students + graduates and mature students at each interview cycle. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hamzah_1992, when was your interview and what are you a graduate in? Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions:

Did each MMI go quickly?
Is the clinical data station mainly statistics, calculating drug dose or is it things like algebra?
Where did you travel from and how was parking on the day?
Are they not letting you know the outcome until April then if they interview up until March?
Are the stations open or are they all in separate rooms?
Hey, I'm a graduate and I've had an interview. However, you honestly shouldn't worry because they interview up until March and I'm sure it's random - so there'll be a mix of a level students + graduates and mature students at each interview cycle. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

In addition to my questions above, I just wanted to add congratulations on getting the interview, I've got mine coming up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending