The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="madgene;46238161"]
Original post by crazybug18

Same here… what do you mean by last choice, as in your preference ranking? :P

No as i was rejected by other three unis :frown:
otherwise i will do medical genetics which i like as well but i obviously want medicine :frown:
[QUOTE="A-levelstudentRI;46238229"]
Original post by madgene

No as i was rejected by other three unis :frown:
otherwise i will do medical genetics which i like as well but i obviously want medicine :frown:

DO you know anyone who got an international interview from keele?
[QUOTE="crazybug18;46238255"]
Original post by A-levelstudentRI

DO you know anyone who got an international interview from keele?

Till now no
[QUOTE="A-levelstudentRI;46238508"]
Original post by crazybug18

Till now no

Maybe they just havent started international yet... thats all we can hope for...
just got an offer !!! So happy ! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamzah_1992

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!!! so happy for you! Btw I hope you don't mind me asking, but what were your stats please? and what kind of things did you include in your PS?
Original post by kitty_1000
Congratulations!!! so happy for you! Btw I hope you don't mind me asking, but what were your stats please? and what kind of things did you include in your PS?

Thank youuu :smile: I'm actually a graduate applicant in the final year of my degree, so grades wise just a predicted 2:1. My PS had current degree stuff which involves a lot of clinical placements, and I talked about work ex in a hospital, GP, voluntary work in hospice and charity work. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank youuu :smile: I'm actually a graduate applicant in the final year of my degree, so grades wise just a predicted 2:1. My PS had current degree stuff which involves a lot of clinical placements, and I talked about work ex in a hospital, GP, voluntary work in hospice and charity work. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww wow thats amazing!! So glad you got in - thanks for your response! :biggrin: Did you have a lot of hands on work exp in the hospice - like assisting with personal care, because I read somewhere that Keele like that on your app ? many thanks again
Original post by kitty_1000
Aww wow thats amazing!! So glad you got in - thanks for your response! :biggrin: Did you have a lot of hands on work exp in the hospice - like assisting with personal care, because I read somewhere that Keele like that on your app ? many thanks again

Ermm, it was hands on in the sense that I got to talk to the patients, and just sit and listen to their stories etc which was really nice. I think with keele the key is reflecting upon what you've learnt from your experiences.

All the best with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ermm, it was hands on in the sense that I got to talk to the patients, and just sit and listen to their stories etc which was really nice. I think with keele the key is reflecting upon what you've learnt from your experiences.

All the best with your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh Right I see! Thank you for your feedback - its greatly appreciated - thanks :biggrin:
At keele management centre, interview tomorrow morning! Scary times :eek:
Reply 911
Hey everyone. Does anyone know whether keele is giving out international applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 912
I'm an EU student and as I previously said still heard nothing, apart from a mail asking me last three years grades. I'm so damn worried, I hope to succeed in this but I don't know. Should I email them?
I applied for the 6 years programme, any of you who applied as heard?
Should I worry, March is not that far

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!! When are you going to the PBL session?
Original post by josephesc
I'm an EU student and as I previously said still heard nothing, apart from a mail asking me last three years grades. I'm so damn worried, I hope to succeed in this but I don't know. Should I email them?
I applied for the 6 years programme, any of you who applied as heard?
Should I worry, March is not that far

I had my interview for health foundation year last month. The admissions team said we wouldn't hear back until at least the end of February but we may get a letter in the meantime that doesn't really say much..."we're still deciding" etc.

The option is there for you to call them if you want, they've had lots of applicants for both courses so there's a fair amount of admin to do, plus undertaking interviews does seem to be a big process. Perhaps it would be best to wait, but you'll definitely hear either way. Try not to worry though.
Reply 915

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :biggrin: Is this your first choice?
Reply 916
Original post by BristolScientist
At keele management centre, interview tomorrow morning! Scary times :eek:

Good luck!
Reply 917
Original post by medical nurse
I had my interview for health foundation year last month. The admissions team said we wouldn't hear back until at least the end of February but we may get a letter in the meantime that doesn't really say much..."we're still deciding" etc.

The option is there for you to call them if you want, they've had lots of applicants for both courses so there's a fair amount of admin to do, plus undertaking interviews does seem to be a big process. Perhaps it would be best to wait, but you'll definitely hear either way. Try not to worry though.

Thank you so much. The wait is killing me, I hope to get one.
Original post by Dr Gin
Good luck!

Thank you, I really appreciate it! I'll definitely need it :smile:
Reply 919
Do they ask any academic/ scientific questions ?

+

How many stations and their nature ??

kind regards,

Quick Reply