The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eliza.louise.mc
Just received a reply and my offer is AA in two advanced highers- such a relief. And I think so- I'm a happy happy girl!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Would you mind telling me your stats please. I'm Scottish and applying this year but have less than average higher Results. Still not sure if I even have a chance looking at the scoring sheet.

Thank you
Reply 1581
Did anyone have a role and responsibilities form to fill in for medicine 2014?
Original post by lsbond
Did anyone have a role and responsibilities form to fill in for medicine 2014?

Nope, we didn't have them last year. They look awful- they just used our personal statements which was much easier for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeMontfort1
But you didn't actually meet the conditions of your offer on results day did you? You didn't achieve the grades requested and therefore, were not given a place to study this year. There would have been many more students who did obtain their offers on August 14th and they were rightly so given priority. Medicine is a competitive and tough degree so they can afford to be choosy who they accept on results day. You didn't get the grades required on that day, other people did, quite simple really.
Your dad would be better consulting a solicitor about the examining board markers rather than the med school as they have done nothing wrong. They gave you an offer, you didn't achieve it on August 14th so you didn't get a place for this year. Harsh but true. Sorry:mad:

Don't you have to meet them by August 31st...so they have to accept him don't they

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my unconditional offer from Keele today to study medicine! Woooo!

With regards to the interview, I thought mine went quite well - not amazing, but I know I made some serious mistakes on the data handling (so for anyone stressing that they did badly, so did I, don't worry!)

If anyone has any questions, fire away!

My info: BBC A level, 1:1 Biomed degree, 625 UKCAT, Work Exp.: 4 months HCA @ cardiology ward in hospital, 1 month HCA in nursing homes and volunteering at stroke ward.

Applied: Peninsula (interview, awaiting offer), Keele (offer), Dundee (rejected) and Leicester (rejected)
Interviews: Peninsula & Keele

Good luck!
Original post by Amabox
Keele University does, indeed, have a Boxing Club for you to join at Fresher's Fayre!

No way?! That's brilliant! I used to be a keen boxer, but once I started putting on more mass I had to stop competitions as my weight kept increasing! Would love to get back into it at Keele though
Original post by kane92
I got my unconditional offer from Keele today to study medicine! Woooo!

With regards to the interview, I thought mine went quite well - not amazing, but I know I made some serious mistakes on the data handling (so for anyone stressing that they did badly, so did I, don't worry!)

If anyone has any questions, fire away!

My info: BBC A level, 1:1 Biomed degree, 625 UKCAT, Work Exp.: 4 months HCA @ cardiology ward in hospital, 1 month HCA in nursing homes and volunteering at stroke ward.

Applied: Peninsula (interview, awaiting offer), Keele (offer), Dundee (rejected) and Leicester (rejected)
Interviews: Peninsula & Keele

Good luck!

Congratulations. So you are a 2015 applicant. There's a thread for this year too you know
Original post by cannotdecide
Congratulations. So you are a 2015 applicant. There's a thread for this year too you know

Oh, I applied in 2014 to start medicine in 2015 so wasn't sure which thread I was meant to be in. Sorry!!

And thank you :smile:
Original post by kane92
Oh, I applied in 2014 to start medicine in 2015 so wasn't sure which thread I was meant to be in. Sorry!!

And thank you :smile:

Hey no problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending