The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

I think I'm going to apply here for medicine.
[SCROLL]:woo:[/SCROLL]

Anybody else?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Glad to see I'm not alone then :tongue:

How are your stats?
Reply 3
I meet the minimum requirements just over 5A's 3B's at GCSE so I wont be in the top academic for interview haha:wink: got 735 in UKCAT and AAAB. I just hope my personal statement is amazing.. To them anyway!

Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am still considering it, but I had hoped not to apply to more than one PS heavy university. So either here or Sheffield.
My stats: 7A*s, 4As at GCSE
AABB at AS
Predicted: A*A*A
Still to do the Ukcat
And hopefully a great PS...but it's so subjective!
what stats do you need for keele because it says 4a's at gcses which is actually quite low
Original post by Tinuviel
I am still considering it, but I had hoped not to apply to more than one PS heavy university. So either here or Sheffield.
AABB at AS
Still to do the Ukcat

wow your grades are amazing why dont you apply to like birmingham or oxford
Original post by Jimmmyw
I meet the minimum requirements just over 5A's 3B's at GCSE so I wont be in the top academic for interview haha:wink: got 735 in UKCAT and AAAB. I just hope my personal statement is amazing.. To them anyway!

Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah don't worry, neither am I. I have 4A*s, 3As, 1B but my UKCAT is way weaker than yours. Good luck with your PS!

I'm also applying to Sheffield, Leicester and HYMS :smile: how about you?

Original post by Tinuviel
AABB at AS
Still to do the Ukcat

Well Keele view your application on a way more rounded way, whereas Sheffield is very heavy on their PS, although their UKCAT cutoff is 650 this year so I think you should do the UKCAT first before you make any final decisions
Original post by Vashappeninkira
what stats do you need for keele because it says 4a's at gcses which is actually quite low

Plus at least Bs in maths, English and the sciences :yep:
wow your grades are amazing why dont you apply to like birmingham or oxford

I wouldn't recommend either Oxford or Birmingham actually with those stats
(edited 10 years ago)
i see people with score of like 1200 in their ukcat does it reallly need to be that high?

oh and how do you prepare for the ukcat tests?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Plus at least Bs in maths, English and the sciences :yep:

I wouldn't recommend either Oxford or Birmingham actually with those stats

wow my gcses are 6a*s 3as and 1b what unis would you recommend ?
Reply 11
Ah don't worry, neither am I. I have 4A*s, 3As, 1B but my UKCAT is way weaker than yours. Good luck with your PS!

I'm also applying to Sheffield, Leicester and HYMS :smile: how about you?

At least you have an A* :frown: :wink: haha and yeh thanks and you! My others are Newcastle,Leeds and Manchester:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i see people with score of like 1200 in their ukcat does it reallly need to be that high?

oh and how do you prepare for the ukcat tests?

1200 is the smallest score you could get..

(300 score per subtest )* 4 subtests

It also depends upon other stuff such as your AS grades, UKCAT, predicted grades etc

You should probably visit this page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13

I would look at liverpool, cardiff, leicester as you may be guaranteed an interview at each depending on what GCSE's the A*/A's are in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmmyw

At least you have an A* :frown: :wink: haha and yeh thanks and you! My others are Newcastle,Leeds and Manchester:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess that's true, though its good Keele look at other parts

Those are good choices! I can see you getting an interview at Newcastle with your UKCAT. I take it you like the PBL approach?
Reply 15
I guess that's true, though its good Keele look at other parts

Those are good choices! I can see you getting an interview at Newcastle with your UKCAT. I take it you like the PBL approach?

Yes they practically pick you if they like the sound of you despite academics (unless top 100 haha)

I hope so, fingers crossed! I do and thats why I have chosen manchester and keele. I like the idea of scenarios to work towards and working in a team i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmmyw
Yes they practically pick you if they like the sound of you despite academics (unless top 100 haha)

I hope so, fingers crossed! I do and thats why I have chosen manchester and keele. I like the idea of scenarios to work towards and working in a team i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep: like a second chance as such

That's interesting, because I'm not really big on the whole PBL. I really do prefer imtergrated courses like Sheffield's and Nottingham's
Reply 17
:yep: like a second chance as such

That's interesting, because I'm not really big on the whole PBL. I really do prefer imtergrated courses like Sheffield's and Nottingham's

Yh same thats why I really like newcastle- everything you learn you can apply to patients and cadavers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting at Keele this September :smile: I can answer questions if people like.

Good luck all!
Original post by Jimmmyw
Yh same thats why I really like newcastle- everything you learn you can apply to patients and cadavers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I really like that aspect a lot! I don't like jumping straight into working with patients if you haven't got the core knowledge
Original post by The Angry Stoic
I'm starting at Keele this September :smile: I can answer questions if people like.

Good luck all!

Congrats on getting in, and good luck with medicine :smile:

Can I ask you wait your stats were?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending