The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants 2014.

Having seen the Nottingham Applicants 2013 thread (I think it's actually a sticky xD) .. I thought perhaps it might be a good idea to make one for us 2014's!

So, if you feel like it, just comment what course you are applying for, and anything else you feel like posting regarding the university! :biggrin::tongue::wink::smile::rolleyes::cool::colone:

One of our TSR members - Lizz-ie - made a stalking page for Nottingham applicants this year! so here it is! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Nottingham_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2014#Applicants [EDIT] Stalking pages have become University Connect! See below :biggrin: :biggrin:

---
Connect to University of Nottingham here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm planning on applying for MChem Chemistry with a year in Industry :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lizz-ie
I'm planning on applying for MChem Chemistry with a year in Industry :smile:

Wow, sounds brilliant!
What grades do you have to achieve for it? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by HollyOnIce
Wow, sounds brilliant!
What grades do you have to achieve for it? :biggrin:

I think it's AAA-ABB :smile: what course are you looking at?
Reply 4
Original post by lizz-ie
I think it's AAA-ABB :smile: what course are you looking at?

aw that's great! what are you hoping to have as your predicted grades? I'm going to be applying to study English (Q300) :biggrin: I cannot wait!
Reply 5
aw that's great! what are you hoping to have as your predicted grades? I'm going to be applying to study English (Q300) :biggrin: I cannot wait!

AAA or A*AA, depending on whether I decide to apply to Oxford or not. How about you? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by lizz-ie
AAA or A*AA, depending on whether I decide to apply to Oxford or not. How about you? :smile:

oh, very nice! :smile:
Ideally i'd like A*A*B - perhaps A*AB :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'm applying for maths :smile: almost done with my personal statement! A*AB requirements. Already have American equivalent of AA just need A* maths which I'm taking this year :smile:
Reply 8
I'm applying for Economics :party:
Reply 9
Heya, current second year medic here- if you've got any questions about uni life during first year, feel free to ask :smile:
There's a thread for medics here, but the uni life section of the opening post might be of interest to everyone! :biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2403220
Reply 10
Original post by Faye_m
I'm applying for maths :smile: almost done with my personal statement! A*AB requirements. Already have American equivalent of AA just need A* maths which I'm taking this year :smile:

Oh wow! ah, so am I! still refining/cutting it down, but it's just such a huge relief to know that i'm nearing the end!
They are fantastic requirements for Maths! what are you predicted?

I'm sure your application is going to be really strong! I just hope mine will be as well, for my English course ! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Bloxorus
I'm applying for Economics :party:

Oh, wow! (by the way, I absolutely love your cheering picture thing! :P ) how's your application going? :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by alex193
Heya, current second year medic here- if you've got any questions about uni life during first year, feel free to ask :smile:
There's a thread for medics here, but the uni life section of the opening post might be of interest to everyone! :biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2403220

Oh thank you very much! i'm sure if I get an offer, i'll definitely be taking you up on yours! :P
Reply 13
Oh wow! ah, so am I! still refining/cutting it down, but it's just such a huge relief to know that i'm nearing the end!
They are fantastic requirements for Maths! what are you predicted?

I'm sure your application is going to be really strong! I just hope mine will be as well, for my English course ! :biggrin:

Same, I'm fine with the word count just need to refine it!
I am predicted an A* so ill hopefully end up with A*5,5 (American grading from 1-5, 5 being highest which I've already achieved)
What are you predicted and what are the requirements?

And wow thanx :smile: I hope my application is strong even tho I haven't had too much PS help!
Reply 14
Original post by Faye_m
Same, I'm fine with the word count just need to refine it!
I am predicted an A* so ill hopefully end up with A*5,5 (American grading from 1-5, 5 being highest which I've already achieved)
What are you predicted and what are the requirements?

And wow thanx :smile: I hope my application is strong even tho I haven't had too much PS help!

Are you coming to study in England from America?! :O either way, it looks as if you have put yourself in a very strong position for the application! where else are you applying to? :biggrin: haha neither have I ! I am going to be going over my statement with my parents soon though :biggrin:

I am hoping to be predicted A*(English)A*(Sociology)B(Philosophy) (I achieved AAC at AS) - and the requirements for the English course range from AAA-AAB, so i'm hoping I can get an offer! :P
Reply 15
Oh, wow! (by the way, I absolutely love your cheering picture thing! :P ) how's your application going? :biggrin:

Good so far I think, I've pretty much finished my personal statement (just a few minor things to sort out) :biggrin:

How about yours?
Reply 16
Original post by Bloxorus
Good so far I think, I've pretty much finished my personal statement (just a few minor things to sort out) :biggrin:

How about yours?

Exactly the same with me! at least we're on track to be completing a good one then! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Are you coming to study in England from America?! :O either way, it looks as if you have put yourself in a very strong position for the application! where else are you applying to? :biggrin: haha neither have I ! I am going to be going over my statement with my parents soon though :biggrin:

I am hoping to be predicted A*(English)A*(Sociology)B(Philosophy) (I achieved AAC at AS) - and the requirements for the English course range from AAA-AAB, so i'm hoping I can get an offer! :P

Cool!! I'm sure you will be fine :smile:) and actually no, I'm from England but went to school in America so I'm coming back for uni! I took Psychology and US gov and politics as my other a level equivalents as that was all my school offered :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Faye_m
Cool!! I'm sure you will be fine :smile:) and actually no, I'm from England but went to school in America so I'm coming back for uni! I took Psychology and US gov and politics as my other a level equivalents as that was all my school offered :frown:

Oh wow! that's great! so well travelled already! :') and thank you, I hope I can do well with the application! :P that's not a bad thing! those subjects are really good! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Thanx haha! And well I'm on a gap year abroad in the Middle East! I hope I can actually get to sit down to maths and further maths lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending